Rangers Fans Again - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Fans Again

36 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I don't for a second think the effigies had anything to do with Boyd or his brother.  They were definitely in tremendously poor taste though and the tying of the hands behind the back made it even worse (although in way prove it had nothing to do with Boyd).

I would agree with you. Its also worth noting that Boyd, while being a Rangers supporter and ex-player, was never really that much of a problem to Celtic in his time at Rangers. I think his goal scoring record against Celtic was quite well known by most and this is probably why he never really features on the usual "sh1tlists" of fans who constantly have digs at those on the other side.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Kris Boyd despite his flaws isn't a guy that particularly irritates opposition fans with anything other than his knack of scoring.

(my only issue with him is a bit of disappointment at his lazy attitude, and the run he went on after quitting Scotland, showing what he could do with a point to prove)

Anyway, I digress, he's been dragged into this completely unnecessarily, as an attempt to point score, but then anything seems to go as far as point scoring goes in this never ending pantomime.

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I find this whole business of believing nonsense in order to generate a steaming head of moral indignation and outrage very disturbing. It is getting worse and worse it seems. They actually convince themselves of this ridiculous shit and then get all worked up over it. I genuinely believe it is a form of mental illness.

The hun word is another great example. In another few years they will all have convinced themselves it is a sectarian term. Many on here have already convinced themselves. This is just another example their lunatic thinking and no matter how contradictory the facts are it will not matter. They WILL believe it. I suspect some of them are fully aware of this but pursue it anyway as part of their 'war' on all fronts attitude. Much like there is none so blind as those who WILL not see this is a mental issue not an evidence or factual issue. 

I remember a Kenny Everett sketch (only just remember as i was obviously very, very young) of wrestlers in the future.  They weren't actually wrestling, they just had to taunt each other.  Not sure the intention of the sketch was quite how i saw it, but it seemed to me to be a poke at the increasing need for folk to be wrapped in cotton wool and the need to be offended at something.

Not sure that relates in any way to your post, or indeed makes any sense, but I agree with you!

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

See this, if i were Boyd i'd be more annoyed with moron's like you trying to say effigies were aimed at his brother's suicide, than the dolls themselves.

You are using a poor mans death to try and point score and are as low as the clowns who decided an effigy with a Rangers scarf was a good idea in the first place.

If you want to see a scumbag, take a look in the mirror.

Post of the month material.

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

I find this whole business of believing nonsense in order to generate a steaming head of moral indignation and outrage very disturbing. It is getting worse and worse it seems. They actually convince themselves of this ridiculous shit and then get all worked up over it. I genuinely believe it is a form of mental illness.

The hun word is another great example. In another few years they will all have convinced themselves it is a sectarian term. Many on here have already convinced themselves. This is just another example their lunatic thinking and no matter how contradictory the facts are it will not matter. They WILL believe it. I suspect some of them are fully aware of this but pursue it anyway as part of their 'war' on all fronts attitude. Much like there is none so blind as those who WILL not see this is a mental issue not an evidence or factual issue. 

That only makes sense if you ignore the fact that every single opinion formed in Scottish football is made through the prism of short-sighted, tribal bias. 

Celtic fans (for example) are as a group the most easily offended set of people I've ever come across. Perennial victims, always on the look out to be offended about something.....yet when someone complains about their behaviour, they play the 'you must be easily offended' card.

Rangers fans and Celtic fans rebound off each other. They need each other to feed their own paranoia and sense of injustice. 

But let's not forget that nobody (including yourself) forms an opinion in Scottish football without bias being applied. Due to that, I've no idea at all what's right, wrong, or if we're all just a set of c*nts..

10 hours ago, thplinth said:

The hun word is another great example. In another few years they will all have convinced themselves it is a sectarian term.

Many on here have already convinced themselves.

They WILL believe it. 

No they won't.

No they don't.

No they won't.

>>>>> Next Stupid Comment on Next Thread >>>>>

21 hours ago, Rossy said:

That only makes sense if you ignore the fact that every single opinion formed in Scottish football is made through the prism of short-sighted, tribal bias. 

Celtic fans (for example) are as a group the most easily offended set of people I've ever come across. Perennial victims, always on the look out to be offended about something.....yet when someone complains about their behaviour, they play the 'you must be easily offended' card.

Rangers fans and Celtic fans rebound off each other. They need each other to feed their own paranoia and sense of injustice. 

But let's not forget that nobody (including yourself) forms an opinion in Scottish football without bias being applied. Due to that, I've no idea at all what's right, wrong, or if we're all just a set of c*nts..

I think we're all c*nts. Well you definitely are. ?

On September 13, 2016 at 4:13 AM, dandydunn said:

I'm not sure if other clubs have the abilities to,but I know for a fact there is a new camera focusing on the away end at pittodrie that can count the amount of pimples on their spotty faces when they come calling next week. 

I hope it's not one of those new scratch and sniff cameras. :o