man utd v man city - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

man utd v man city

32 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Flicked over at half time yesterday and caught the end after our game was finished. 

Pretty boring tbh. Almost as boring as Ormonds posts on this very subject :)

:lol: I never even commented ya cheeky sheeite. :P

21 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Flicked over at half time yesterday and caught the end after our game was finished. 

Pretty boring tbh. Almost as boring as Ormonds posts on this very subject :)

Certainly wasn't boring at the game :) 

City were superb in the first half, but United were the better team in the 2nd.  The new keeper looks like he could be a liability trying to dribble around attackers on his own 6 yard box & coming out for crosses he's never getting.

John Stones was absolutely brilliant :ok:

Oh, and no toilets were damaged in the away end this year :ok: 

40 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

City were superb in the first half, but United were the better team in the 2nd.  The new keeper looks like he could be a liability trying to dribble around attackers on his own 6 yard box & coming out for crosses he's never getting.

Guardiola will take City to another level.Always trying to play the beautiful game.

1 hour ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I thought it was a great game with both teams going for it, at some points it was just relentless end to end stuff.

City were miles ahead for 40 mins of the 1st half and fully deserved to be 2-0 up but could have easily went in 2-2 at half time. Ibrahimovic had a free header at the back post that he couldn't quite lift over Bravo and then the chance that he scuffed and was stopped from trundling over the line. I think if there had been another 5m in that half then United would have scored.

Guardiola got more control back of the game when he subbed Iheanacho for Fernando as United were looking the better team for the first 10m of the 2nd half.

I thought Bravo was really, really lucky with the challenge on Rooney. He was completely out of control with that challenge and was really lucky he managed to get something on the ball as if Rooney had been a bit sharper then he'd have gotten there first and it would have been a really bad challenge. Would have been a game changing moment.

Smart idea from Guardiola for the defence to hold such a high line at the free kicks to give Bravo some space to come and claim balls, but I think he could well get bullied at set pieces as the season goes on. Most keepers coming from the Spanish league struggle, at least initially, with the physicality of the league. I still think Bravo will cost City some points this season, but Guardiola doesnt look like he'll change the way he wants him to play.

1 hour ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Haha did you enjoy it buddy?  As said above I seen little of it, but I've heard a few folk saying it was a decent match. City certainly look like they have hit the ground running. 

2 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

I thought it was a great game with both teams going for it, at some points it was just relentless end to end stuff.

City were miles ahead for 40 mins of the 1st half and fully deserved to be 2-0 up but could have easily went in 2-2 at half time. Ibrahimovic had a free header at the back post that he couldn't quite lift over Bravo and then the chance that he scuffed and was stopped from trundling over the line. I think if there had been another 5m in that half then United would have scored.

Guardiola got more control back of the game when he subbed Iheanacho for Fernando as United were looking the better team for the first 10m of the 2nd half.

I thought Bravo was really, really lucky with the challenge on Rooney. He was completely out of control with that challenge and was really lucky he managed to get something on the ball as if Rooney had been a bit sharper then he'd have gotten there first and it would have been a really bad challenge. Would have been a game changing moment.

Smart idea from Guardiola for the defence to hold such a high line at the free kicks to give Bravo some space to come and claim balls, but I think he could well get bullied at set pieces as the season goes on. Most keepers coming from the Spanish league struggle, at least initially, with the physicality of the league. I still think Bravo will cost City some points this season, but Guardiola doesnt look like he'll change the way he wants him to play.

All very true - especially about Bravo costing us points :ok:

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Haha did you enjoy it buddy?  As said above I seen little of it, but I've heard a few folk saying it was a decent match. City certainly look like they have hit the ground running. 

Yeah, it was brilliant - City for the first 40 minutes were unbelievable :ok:

2 hours ago, ibelieve!!! said:

TBF I don't think I'd call the Northern Quarter a toilet :lol: