TAMBers gig, Wembley - Page 3 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TAMBers gig, Wembley

Robert Mcdermott

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Sounds good and therefore should be supported by the TA IMO. I am not often on the FB pages so don't really know what is discussed on there. Well done to the organisers if they are donating the profits made to TACC.

Don't want to be pedantic but he said a donation would be made to TACC not the profits

13 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Sounds good and therefore should be supported by the TA IMO. I am not often on the FB pages so don't really know what is discussed on there. Well done to the organisers if they are donating the profits made to TACC.

I think the bit that is getting folks backs up is that he has not actually said all the profits will be going to charity, just a donation from the profits will be made (no indication if that is 10-30-50-90-100% of them)

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, watershed said:

Don't want to be pedantic but he said a donation would be made to TACC not the profits

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

I think the bit that is getting folks backs up is that he has not actually said all the profits will be going to charity, just a donation from the profits will be made (no indication if that is 10-30-50-90-100% of them)

Ahh, my bad. I thought "donation" and "profits" would be one in the same and the usual TA rules about not making money out of your fellow TA would apply. I am sure they will. 

3 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Ahh, my bad. I thought "donation" and "profits" would be one in the same and the usual TA rules about not making money out of your fellow TA would apply. I am sure they will. 

Stick yourself straight onto the naughty step and get into the Wanky Phrases thread for using the term My bad. :worried:

p.s. I hope naughty step isn't a wanky phrase.... :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

You're not missing much tbf. It seems to be full of people who don't know how to book a flight or folk looking to see if there'll be a march to the game

4 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

this joker mcdermott has ripped of the tartan army on a few occasions with his buses etc

i can guarantee that all profits will NOT be given to tacc

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Stick yourself straight onto the naughty step and get into the Wanky Phrases thread for using the term My bad. :worried:

p.s. I hope naughty step isn't a wanky phrase.... :ph34r:

Tut tut, come join me on the "naughty step"! 

1 hour ago, eddie huggins said:

this joker mcdermott has ripped of the tartan army on a few occasions with his buses etc

i can guarantee that all profits will NOT be given to tacc

To be honest mate I don't know you or Robert but at the moment it's just your word that's saying that. I usually like to give folks the benefit of the doubt so without Robert saying he is going to be making a profit then I don't think folks should be suggesting that. IMO.

On a similar topic, is there actually anything wrong with people doing something for the TA, such as putting on an event, running loads of buses or say making t-shirts or such like, putting their own time and effort into it, possibly taking on some financial risk if it doesn't go as planned and at the end of the day making some money, even if the amount is quite small?

That Facebook page is wonderful. I'm just sad that Mr McDermott deleted me from it (for pointing out that one person saying they'd "slap him about" didn't constitute "threats on his life", as he claimed he'd recieved). 

18 hours ago, Parklife said:

That Facebook page is wonderful. I'm just sad that Mr McDermott deleted me from it (for pointing out that one person saying they'd "slap him about" didn't constitute "threats on his life", as he claimed he'd recieved). 

That's up there with the Labour MP who tried to claim that a Corbynista had threatened to kill her by telling her to "get into the sea".