TAMBers gig, Wembley - Page 6 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TAMBers gig, Wembley

Robert Mcdermott

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought! Would we rather the gig in the club  take place be run by its owners  themselves. Therefore moneies staying in London going to some wealthy club owner who would most certainly not offer one penny to any of the charities in Scotland ie Tacc or Sunshine. its a no brainer.  If we say we support our own charities but knock back what could be 1000s pounds does not make financial sense to me. Most charity chairpersons or treasurers would not understand whats going on if they were to read this. Do TACC or Sunshine want monies from this gig or not? Alot of people seem to favour the latter (we want all the profit to go to charity)  reading some of the posts on here. And please dont come back and say they are using the name Tamb to promote their gig and thats the problem.They could have used Scotland Football Fans Gig. Their organisers could just as easy run it as their gig, as a business venture and donate nothing. Was always taught never bite the hand that feeds you. Alot of what i have read seem there's personal issues coming to the surface which should not be aired in public. My Opinion no one gains anything which is a shame. Sorry for my wee rant! also sorry if any of the aforementioned charities miss out.

6 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

What's the story with the Facebook page, I thought it was always run by Robert? 

He would like everyone to think that it was started years ago, As far as I am led to believe He got The previous adminto add him as an admin then  kicked the admin off the page & took control

12 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Eh??  We will be.  Just working out if there's any particularly good place to go where there'll be plenty other scotland fans and a good atmosphere..  

This thing seems to be in doubt.  

The Tartan Specials are playing at The Garage [same venue as the last two trips to London]

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's getting serious now on TAMB Pussbook page....

:whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

What's happening? I'm blocked,but this weirdo has taken the time to go through facebook,find out my real name and pm me. 

I'm genuinely worried that this chap is slightly mentally ill. 

From his profile picture,he looks like an older guy and it's all getting a bit creepy now. 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

What's happening? I'm blocked,but this weirdo has taken the time to go through facebook,find out my real name and pm me. 

I'm genuinely worried that this chap is slightly mentally ill. 

From his profile picture,he looks like an older guy and it's all getting a bit creepy now. 

You must be Yankee Doodle Dandy then!!!

15 hours ago, Robert Mcdermott said:

At what point did I ever say this was a charity event ???

i clearly stated I was holding a gig at Wembley with a donation to a charity, which I personally chose TACC to benifit from the funds.

I've just been removed from the Facebook page. Don't quite see why? :huh:

You canny run a fans page like Stalinist Russia....

13 hours ago, watershed said:

He would like everyone to think that it was started years ago, As far as I am led to believe He got The previous adminto add him as an admin then  kicked the admin off the page & took control

I hope this actually happened cos that's fecking funny :lol:

2 minutes ago, Spark said:

I hope this actually happened cos that's fecking funny :lol:

I think it was set up as a joke by someone who got banned on here (Ron?) and Robert took over the running of it after the guys that set it up got bored of it.

3 minutes ago, craigcouper said:

? not a chance this guy is actually real, run a gig to make a little turn for himself and make a "donation". Aye jog on... or get a taxi.

Top Character!

christ he will come a hunting for you for mentioning taxi.   I noticed he has said the support he has had over the years. Corrcect me if i am wrong he only appeared on the scene just before the faro game when he started runing buses and chargeed  ridiculous price as well