Great British #### off - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Great British #### off

Agreed. Masterchef can feck off as well as can the dancing programme, the karaoke ones, the jungle one and anything else with celebrities in it. And Poldark.

There's people out there who virtually plan their lives round this pish. I've just about stopped watching mainstream TV recently - it's interesting to gauge people's reactions when you tell them that you don't know who they're talking about when they throw some non-entity's name into conversation.

Edited by neilser

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Confession time - I actually like it!  Decent show that all the family can watch and inspires me to do a bit of baking at the weekend.  However I can't see it doing well on 4, they'll have to cut stuff out for the adverts and they've already lost the two presenters.  

Doesnt make you a bad person. I like Coronation St. 

23 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Doesnt make you a bad person. I like Coronation St. 

Burn the witch

12 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

l like strictly but my darling has left the show the Russian aliona vilani canny watch it anymore :wub:

Burn the other witch

10 hours ago, andymac said:

Burn the witch

Burn the other witch

Hold on . I didnt say i liked Fiz. 

However its still the nicest compliment you have paid me Andymac ?

Re Bake Off, i watched the first one and thought it was just in the same format as a million other programmes which appeal to the masses. Plus i dont like the presenters. Mary Berry actually scares me. She reminds me of an old home economics teacher who dragged me out of my seat and humiliated me in front of the class becuase my blamange sank. Witch. 

On 9/14/2016 at 0:06 AM, PASTA Mick said:

Important programme for me work wise. Moving to C4 will help with product placement. BBC currently tapes over our logo whenever our products are used. 

I actually quite like the programme although I've only recently started watching it. For work purposes only. 

Union Jacks ?

• 1 month later...
On 13/09/2016 at 0:29 AM, neilser said:

Agreed. Masterchef can feck off as well as can the dancing programme, the karaoke ones, the jungle one and anything else with celebrities in it. And Poldark.

There's people out there who virtually plan their lives round this pish. I've just about stopped watching mainstream TV recently - it's interesting to gauge people's reactions when you tell them that you don't know who they're talking about when they throw some non-entity's name into conversation.

So because you don't watch mainstream TV the programs you don't like can feck off?

Very democratic of you Chairman Mao. ?

I didn't watch this series of bake off, but one positive I think this particular show has brought is more people reviving some of their mother's, granny's skills and spending time away from the telly with their kids.   It's also been great for me in terms of contributors to my yearly charity cake sale in work!  I think perhaps the word 'british' in the title is just an excuse for a whinge.

I love watching people being creative, and baking, knitting etc has been known to alleviate some symptoms of anxiety - so all good from that perspective.

2 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

I didn't watch this series of bake off, but one positive I think this particular show has brought is more people reviving some of their mother's, granny's skills and spending time away from the telly with their kids.   It's also been great for me in terms of contributors to my yearly charity cake sale in work!  I think perhaps the word 'british' in the title is just an excuse for a whinge.

I love watching people being creative, and baking, knitting etc has been known to alleviate some symptoms of anxiety - so all good from that perspective.

absolutely. My wife bakes at least once a week with my granddaughter. Apart from the pleasure of baking its good for other aspects such as understanding weights and measures etc. Its a show the whole family sit and watch. A rare occurrence these days.

Just now, EddardStark said:

absolutely. My wife bakes at least once a week with my granddaughter. Apart from the pleasure of baking its good for other aspects such as understanding weights and measures etc. Its a show the whole family sit and watch. A rare occurrence these days.

Great stuff.  I spent a great Thursday evening a few weeks ago teaching my daughters boyfriend how to bake and it was great just passing on skills to another generation.   I've just sat down after spending a couple of hours in the kitchen making a cake and salad for a pot luck lunch at work tomorrow.  I had the enjoyment of the making and will enjoy tomorrow when we all get together and eat.

I've watched it the last couple of years. I like it, completely inoffensive and the good thing is it only focuses on the cakes - you just know if it was on ITV or Sky it would have lots of back story and stuff about childhood struggles, dead hamsters and all that shite.