Train from Budapest - Page 2 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Train from Budapest

Kilwinning TA

11 of us on the Jet2 flight from Edinburgh on the Sunday and will be getting the train on the Monday late morning/early afternoon.

The direct train is every two hours and leaves at 20 past the hour. As mentioned above it is €17.50 for the ticket and can be bought on the day - there is no saving booking in advance.

The train from Bratisava to Trnava is less than €2.50.

1 hour ago, scotswarrior31 said:

Depart Times:

11:11 Budapest-Nyugati

11:25 Budapest-Keleti

13.25 Keleti

13:28 Nougat

Thinking on getting the 11:25 but depends on night afore. Missing that it will defo be the 13:25

1125 will be good for check in times in Bratislava then straight out again but we will go with the majority. 

Edited by DoubleSC

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 1:47 PM, Kilwinning TA said:

Kilwinning Ta happy for you to join us for beers Sunday afternoon/night we will be in pub by 4pm if your local 

Cheers mate - no probs - I'll be doing the baths in the afternoon - into the beers after that - staying in the Easyjet Hotel near the centre . Ive been to Budapest before on way to Croatia match - cant remmebr any of the pubs except the Scottish one.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:08 PM, bryan_80 said:

4 of us are arriving on the Saturday via Stanstead, and taking the train on Monday. We're spending Wednesday night there again with the return flight via Stanstead again.

Any recommendations on bars, restaurants and tourist attractions? I've heard about the baths but don't know anyone that's actually been. Worth it?

Also, where's the best place to watch the Scotland game on Saturday night?

Cheers

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, daveb said:

We're going here to watch the game

http://www.caledonia.hu/en

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:57 PM, scotswarrior31 said:

7 of us on the Monday afternoon train to Bratislava. I picked a time when purchasing online but guessing from the confirmation email I can jump on any train that day to Bratislava. 

Nice one, seems like the Caledonia pub will be busy for the Lithuania game :ok::ok:

I was reading that the train fare is 17.50 euros on the day. Just went into Hungarian train site - if you just put a single from Budapest to Bratislava in  -it doesn't come up with any fares - but I put in Budapest to Bratislava on the 10th with a return journey on the 11th. I ticked no seat reservation for both trains - be in buffet car anyway   -fare comes up as 8.75 euros. So Ive booked it  -just get a confirmation with a code to pick up the tickets at the station. The ticket is valid for any train that day.

On 13/09/2016 at 11:29 AM, DoubleSC said:

The Mrs and I are doing the same. Glas - Stansted early Sunday morning then Stansted to Budapest at 1145 arriving around 3 pm in Budapest. Never been before. Any idea where is best to stay in the city.

Four of us on the exact same flights but we're travelling to Bratislava that night.