Guy on facebook charging £16 a bus - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guy on facebook charging £16 a bus

Doakes

Noticed most on here charging £8/10 a return trip. This guy has 7 or 8 buses full now charging £16 a head :unsure:

Anyone considering running a bus from Bratislava to the game had a quote this high from a bus company, or is he just a chancer? 

Not calling him out as such, just worried that someone is exploiting the TA for financial gain. Not really our style!

Edited by Doakes

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ally1869 said:

I'm still looking for 2 seats on a bus from Bratislava to Trnava on game day, does anyone know of any buses with seats still remaining? Do you have a link to the person charging £16 Doakes?

If you're on facebook search for "TAMBers" and it should come up. It's the tagged post on there

18 hours ago, Doakes said:

Not calling him out as such, just worried that someone is exploiting the TA for financial gain. Not really our style!

How dare somebody go to the effort of organising a bus(s) for drunk football fans and have the cheek to make a couple of quid.

Next we'll hear that the guys who sell pin badges etc do so as a non profit making hobby.

19 hours ago, Doakes said:

Noticed most on here charging £8/10 a return trip. This guy has 7 or 8 buses full now charging £16 a head :unsure:

Anyone considering running a bus from Bratislava to the game had a quote this high from a bus company, or is he just a chancer?

19 hours ago, Tartan Queen said:

We are £15 each on the bus that we have booked so that's probably about right. We are booked on one of Zander's buses

I guess it fluctuates bus company to bus company.

Im running 3 buses, all through the same company.

First 2 priced at £12 and 3rd bus priced at £15.

Reason 3rd bus is more expensive is because it has to come from Vienna and quoted price was higher.

Received some cheaper quotes and a few far more expensive quotes when I was enquiring.

Went for the one I did because I felt like they were most professional and gave me the feeling that I wouldn't get screwed over...fingers crossed that's the case.

Plus has a toilet on all buses, well so they say anyway haha

But don't see the need to start a thread on here questioning the guy on FB selling seats on a bus for X amount. 
Im sure that's the correct percentage cost of the coach hire.  If not, then that's that guys choice.
If your not happy with his pricing you should send him a pm and ask him on his pricing policy, before publically questioning if he's a 'chancer', or simply book onto another more bus :-)

Just saying and enjoy your trip.

57 minutes ago, Zander_14 said:

I guess it fluctuates bus company to bus company.

Im running 3 buses, all through the same company.

First 2 priced at £12 and 3rd bus priced at £15.

Reason 3rd bus is more expensive is because it has to come from Vienna and quoted price was higher.

Received some cheaper quotes and a few far more expensive quotes when I was enquiring.

Went for the one I did because I felt like they were most professional and gave me the feeling that I wouldn't get screwed over...fingers crossed that's the case.

Plus has a toilet on all buses, well so they say anyway haha

But don't see the need to start a thread on here questioning the guy on FB selling seats on a bus for X amount. 
Im sure that's the correct percentage cost of the coach hire.  If not, then that's that guys choice.
If your not happy with his pricing you should send him a pm and ask him on his pricing policy, before publically questioning if he's a 'chancer', or simply book onto another more bus :-)

Just saying and enjoy your trip.

Hi Zander, I see you've quoted me in to your response. If it came across that I was questioning your pricing it wasn't meant like that!!! Just saying that £16 was probably about right. If I've picked this up wrong then my apologies. I ran a bus in Malta from Mellieha and I had to charge £6 per head to cover the cost of the bus although I know some buses were slightly cheaper than that. It's the bus companies who set the price of the bus and not the organiser. Many thanks for organising this as I know how stressed I was and that was only 1 bus!!!

has this guy forgotten about a donation I will be making to T.A.C.C. , thanks to everyone who has not jumped on his Band Wagon, a lot of time and effort has gone into organising these busses , single handily may I add and not purely for profit.

i arrange these busses to get to the TA to the ground safely and back which is my priority, and have they're full support. Final note....GIRUY [><] we,ll be comin [><] everywhere we goooo !!

15 minutes ago, Robert Mcdermott said:

has this guy forgotten about a donation I will be making to T.A.C.C. , thanks to everyone who has not jumped on his Band Wagon, a lot of time and effort has gone into organising these busses , single handily may I add and not purely for profit.

i arrange these busses to get to the TA to the ground safely and back which is my priority, and have they're full support. Final note....GIRUY [><] we,ll be comin [><] everywhere we goooo !!

Here here Robert. Your efforts are very much appreciated and the Kilwinning boys are thankful you sorted the bus for us. 

2 minutes ago, Robert Mcdermott said:

That's none of your business how much I donate to charities. But I can assure there is not a lot of profit in it.

ooh, ok Mr Touchy!

its just you made a big deal about in your post defending yourself, so it is a fair question but if you are not prepared to disclose it then...

1 hour ago, Robert Mcdermott said:

Fair play man. 

Just wish that if you're making a wee bit of profit you were up front about it. You did a great job in Albufeira with the 20+ buses there - but the driver said you must have been making a fortune when I told him how much we had paid per head... 

Each to their own ^_^

9 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Fair play man. 

Just wish that if you're making a wee bit of profit you were up front about it. You did a great job in Albufeira with the 20+ buses there - but the driver said you must have been making a fortune when I told him how much we had paid per head... 

Each to their own ^_^

Once again I didn't make any profit from the busses in Albufeira , the travel agent made the profit. If you want their details I will be only to glad to pass them on to you to verify this. Now move on will you please.

On 13 September 2016 at 1:44 PM, Doakes said:

What's your problem Stephen ?

2 hours ago, Robert Mcdermott said:

Once again I didn't make any profit from the busses in Albufeira , the travel agent made the profit. If you want their details I will be only to glad to pass them on to you to verify this. Now move on will you please.

Is the travel agent i4 Travel from Wishaw? I'm not trying to be a dick here, just would rather know if you're acting on behalf of a business. Especially if you won't disclose how much of it is going to the TACC. :ok:

13 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Is the travel agent i4 Travel from Wishaw? I'm not trying to be a dick here, just would rather know if you're acting on behalf of a business. Especially if you won't disclose how much of it is going to the TACC. :ok:

Get a grip man! Do you go into Tesco and ask them what profit they are making on your shopping before buying?! Either take a seat on a bus or don't.

Too many folk expect something for nothing these days!

2 minutes ago, kevchalmers said:

Get a grip man! Do you go into Tesco and ask them what profit they are making on your shopping before buying?! Either take a seat on a bus or don't.

Too many folk expect something for nothing these days!

TESCO do publish their profits.