Guy on facebook charging £16 a bus - Page 2 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guy on facebook charging £16 a bus

Doakes

10 minutes ago, kevchalmers said:

Get a grip man! Do you go into Tesco and ask them what profit they are making on your shopping before buying?! Either take a seat on a bus or don't.

Too many folk expect something for nothing these days!

I don't have a problem with Tesco selling me stuff because I know I'm buying it from Tesco...

If his facebook page was Tambers - in association with *travel agent name* - no problem. It just all seems a bit smoke and mirrors. Would rather give my money to a genuine fan bus, rather than a travel agent. Just a personal choice of mine

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the big deal about him making a profit anyway? I for one am glad of not having the hassle to arrange a bus/train/taxi to the game and worry about whether it turns up or not. If he makes money on it then so be it. The hassle of arranging buses back here and taking names, payments, negotiations with bus companies, planning everything out so we get to ground on time and back to digs at a decent time is something I wouldn't want to do, and if it manages to get him a bottle or two to help him through the organising the so be it. 

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Is the travel agent i4 Travel from Wishaw? I'm not trying to be a dick here, just would rather know if you're acting on behalf of a business. Especially if you won't disclose how much of it is going to the TACC. :ok:

I'm acting alone and yes it was I 4 travel I used for the busses, now phone them and get off my back so I can move on with my life, unlike you Stephen.

I'm on one of the buses and don't have a problem with the £16  return trip from door to door in a foreign country considering an airport transfer would be about that one way . It must take a lot of hard work organising 1 bus let alone 7 . I appreciate  what he's  doing and know a lot of other troops do as well 

I ran one bus to Dublin without any profit and it was one massive pain in the hole.....fair play to anyone prepared to do it and if they make a couple quid good on them for the time I know it takes......others on here giving guys a hard time let me know when ur organising a bus for no gain and see how stressed and pissed off u get.....let's all concentrate on the important business of helping the team to try and qualify were off to a good start let's no spoil if with stupid playground pish like this. Rant over ?

Robert you should have told these idiotic arses to go mind their own business a long time ago. FFS there are folk on here who view anyone a making a profit for their efforts as somehow stealing from people. The comment about Dick Turpin said it all. Is he holding a gun to people's heads. They are choosing, do you understand the concept of free markets and freedom of choice... Dick Turnip you are more like. Moronic backwards shit.

You are just lucky you are not Irish Robert. (FFS dont admit to it if you are.)

If no one organized buses a lot of us wid be feked, especially when no trains back after the game,or  trying to find a bus station while pished, Try getting a bus from edin to glasgow at least £16, Therefore if an organizer makes a profit so be it they are offering a service welcomed by many. if ya dinny like it go elsewhere. A taxi rtn from bratislava is £90 for four and no doubt the people complaining wouldnt think twice about giving a taxi driver a tip. (or maybe they would) On a personal note the bus our crew are going on we are more than happy to pay £15/£16 and would not have a problem leaving the driver a tip too.

44 minutes ago, washboarder said:

If no one organized buses a lot of us wid be feked, especially when no trains back after the game,or  trying to find a bus station while pished, Try getting a bus from edin to glasgow at least £16, Therefore if an organizer makes a profit so be it they are offering a service welcomed by many. if ya dinny like it go elsewhere. A taxi rtn from bratislava is £90 for four and no doubt the people complaining wouldnt think twice about giving a taxi driver a tip. (or maybe they would) On a personal note the bus our crew are going on we are more than happy to pay £15/£16 and would not have a problem leaving the driver a tip too.

Well put my friend ?

On 15/09/2016 at 11:47 AM, Robert Mcdermott said:

may I add and not purely for profit.

20 hours ago, Robert Mcdermott said:

Wrong.... the cash goes to TACC.

Make up your mind.  

I couldn't care if people organise buses to make a bit of cash, each to their own.  I wouldn't grudge them making a few quid per head, but the notion they go to the hassle of booking 5,10, 20.... buses out of goodness to assist other fans, is nothing short of laughable.

11 minutes ago, monkman said:

Make up your mind.  

I couldn't care if people organise buses to make a bit of cash, each to their own.  I wouldn't grudge them making a few quid per head, but the notion they go to the hassle of booking 5,10, 20.... buses out of goodness to assist other fans, is nothing short of laughable.

In a nutshell

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:47 AM, Robert Mcdermott said:

has this guy forgotten about a donation I will be making to T.A.C.C. , thanks to everyone who has not jumped on his Band Wagon, a lot of time and effort has gone into organising these busses , single handily may I add and not purely for profit.

i arrange these busses to get to the TA to the ground safely and back which is my priority, and have they're full support. Final note....GIRUY [><] we,ll be comin [><] everywhere we goooo !!

really?