North stand - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

North stand

KennethV

43 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Usually everyone stands with their arms folded & defunct of atmosphere.

Unfortunately this is true. There is a lot more standing with arms folded than singing & chanting these days. Hopefully this campaign will see the return of decent match day atmospheres.

If the fans around you are standing, I don't think there is much you can do except join them. It's not the guy in front's fault if there is someone standing in front of him/her. That said, I must agree with the comments above re the lack of atmosphere. The game really must take the blame for that. Maybe this campaign...

On 13/09/2016 at 11:14 PM, alaninalba said:

If the fans around you are standing, I don't think there is much you can do except join them. It's not the guy in front's fault if there is someone standing in front of him/her. That said, I must agree with the comments above re the lack of atmosphere. The game really must take the blame for that. Maybe this campaign...

Maybe a 7:45pm kick off on a Saturday will help....

If that doesn't I don't think anything will.

• 2 weeks later...

Atmosphere v Italy 2007 was outstanding.

It can still be generated. Everyone was up for this game. Other games have been decent Germany in last campaign was good and that was a Monday I think.

Where we struggle is many in North Stand see themselves as the "hardcore". But the come in late, steamboats and haven't created a new song in at least a decade.