Barca v Celtic - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Barca v Celtic

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played like what we are at this level....tourists. A lot of thinking for Rodgers to do about how we defend in this tournament or there will me more nights like this. As good as Barca were we stood off them all night.

On a side note Neymar really is a Pepe style rat.

Always knew we were onto a pumping, 7 - 0 is a bit much but it, what can you do. Celtic weren't at their best, not that it'd have changed the overall result, and Barca are just an immense team, the dirty bastards wouldn't give us the ball :(  hope the boys over there smashed up the Catalunyan lavvies, that'll show them, ####ers. I'm not sure any good can come of this but kinda hoping this is the worst of it!

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

On a side note Neymar really is a Pepe style rat.

:lol: Agree, but Pepe still top of my all time arsehole players, and cruising !!!!!

I don't want to be too harsh because Barca are simply a different level to us.

However, Gordon is a better keeper and should be playing. Tonight was no place for a debut. Lustig should have been RB with another CB starting. Roberts was poor. Pulling out a 50/50 with Messi is gutless. Bitton allowed the game to pass him by. The penalty wouldn't have made much difference to the result but we need to take those chances.

Anyway. Nothing was expected but improvment are needed for the rest of the games. 

1 hour ago, thewelk said:

This result is being filed straight into UEFA's "evidence that wee country teams shouldn't be in the champions league" pile.

There must be a helluva lot of wee countries though. Previous winners Steaua Bucharest recently lost 0-5 to Man City, at home...