Barca v Celtic - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Barca v Celtic

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

You're quite correct. 

But.............the Aberdeen team wasn't full of multi million pound talent, was it?

It wasn't playing against some of the greatest footballers of all time either. 

Stokes, McGinn, McCourt, Rogne...

Edited by PASTA Mick

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

I'm not upset. It was expected. 

I'd be more worried about your team and the piss poor start to the season you've had. Our season couldn't have gone much better so far. 

Beaten by a team from Gibraltar and beaten 7-0 in the first dozen or so games. 

Oh aye,belter of a start. 

18 minutes ago, Rossy said:

:lol::lol:

Feckin hilarious.. Another shambolic embarrassment to add to the growing list for Celtic.

Wouldn't call it that. Clearly they are miles ahead of us. Score the pen and we probably lose 4 or 5 one. 

There's about 41 clubs in Europe who are miles ahead of us and could give us a hiding on their own patch. A bit like the way we are miles ahead in every department to around 41 league clubs in Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

There's about 41 clubs in Europe who are miles ahead of us and could give us a hiding on their own patch. A bit like the way we are miles ahead in every department to around 41 league clubs in Scotland. 

Apart from a bit of exaggeration there,  judging your ability around your performance in Scotland isnt something to crow about IMO considering the general state of Scottish Football  

20 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Wouldn't call it that. Clearly they are miles ahead of us. Score the pen and we probably lose 4 or 5 one. 

I would guess there's a lot more than 41 teams that would embarrass Celtic in Europe. 

16 minutes ago, Rossy said:

7-0.

Another absolute riddy for Celtic in Europe, 

Almost as hilarious are the Celtic fans pretending they don't care about once again being a Europe-wide laughing stock. :lol:

Scotland's shame in so many ways.

Messi never paid his taxes. His goals don't count.....was only 4-0! ?

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Beaten by a team from Gibraltar and beaten 7-0 in the first dozen or so games. 

Oh aye,belter of a start. 

... not forgetting losing to a team of part-timers from the local kibbutz in Israel ... part of their wonderful start to the season too along with pre-season losses to other teams in the deluded 'champions cup' - scraping through with a baw hair against bear shaver for group stage glory ... I suppose there's always the cash

wonder if they kicked in the bogs at the nou camp?

14 minutes ago, Topcat said:

... not forgetting losing to a team of part-timers from the local kibbutz in Israel ... part of their wonderful start to the season too along with pre-season losses to other teams in the deluded 'champions cup' - scraping through with a baw hair against bear shaver for group stage glory ... I suppose there's always the cash

wonder if they kicked in the bogs at the nou camp?

Dress it up as you want. Won all domestic games and qualified for CL. 

19 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I would guess there's a lot more than 41 teams that would embarrass Celtic in Europe. 

Have to disagree

Out with the obvious big guns there are a lot of average sides out there

1 minute ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Dress it up as you want. Won all domestic games and qualified for CL. 

don't know why you bother winning the league - just to get your arses melted in Europe time after time

same old story - it's always a 'steep learning curve' excuse trottred out for whatever game you get meted in ... instead of consistency at a high level

lazy defending - unfit - poor goalkeeping - that's what I saw dressed up tonight - good enough to get by in the domestic league I suppose

glad the jags are just where they are and don't bother their arses qualifying for these tourneys. 

43 minutes ago, Rossy said:

7-0.

Another absolute riddy for Celtic in Europe, 

Almost as hilarious are the Celtic fans pretending they don't care about once again being a Europe-wide laughing stock. :lol:

Scotland's shame in so many ways.

Europe wide laughing stock I don't think so. They beat Roma 6-1 last season, beat real 4-0 in Madrid  and scored over 150 goals in a single season. 

23 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Our squad costs less than our opponents TV money from their respective leagues. A bit like when we hammer diddy teams like Aberdeen it is to be expected.

Going by that logic,given that you generally spend more on one player per season than the entire league out together,shouldn't it be an undefeated season and treble every year?