Barca v Celtic - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Barca v Celtic

Just now, Parklife said:

You're kidding? :lol: 

Do Aberdeen get a boosted co-efficient because we've won 2 European trophies? 

Yes, I think they might do, unless it's only Champions League/European Cup.

It was driven by AC Milan's representative & David Gill of Man Utd, I've attached a link below that explains it, but basically Milan move up a load of places although they've not even been in European Competition for the last few years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3787806/Europe-s-elite-shafting-poor-enjoy-Leicester-City-can.html

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Not one of the teams that got through the 'champions route' won in the first set of fixtures and a few others along with Celtic got a right good hiding. 

I'd say that means we need a fairer share of the money sloshing about the game, unfortunately those in power seem to think the complete opposite and want even more teams from the big countries and so the cycle will go on. Nobody can touch Celtic (and presumably The Rangers in time) in Scotland, and in turn they can't touch the super rich in Europe. You would think the big teams had enough of an advantage without TV cash, guaranteed entry into the Group stages etc. :-(

2 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

I'd say that means we need a fairer share of the money sloshing about the game, unfortunately those in power seem to think the complete opposite and want even more teams from the big countries and so the cycle will go on. Nobody can touch Celtic (and presumably The Rangers in time) in Scotland, and in turn they can't touch the super rich in Europe. You would think the big teams had enough of an advantage without TV cash, guaranteed entry into the Group stages etc. :-(

It's only going to get worse. The rise of the super teams means that the best teams have all the best players. 

Celtic will never have another player like Larsson again. The best we can hope for is getting a top player at the start of their career for a year or two but even that is very difficult as the teams Hoover up all the best talent. 

I'd let the top 16 teams break away and tell them where to go once they are sick of the sight of each other. 

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

It's only going to get worse. The rise of the super teams means that the best teams have all the best players. 

Celtic will never have another player like Larsson again. The best we can hope for is getting a top player at the start of their career for a year or two but even that is very difficult as the teams Hoover up all the best talent. 

I'd let the top 16 teams break away and tell them where to go once they are sick of the sight of each other. 

It is weird but this breakaway thing is basically the same scenario to Celtic and Rangers in Scotland. Two clubs sewing up the absolute best deals for them financially and to hell with everyone else.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I think if the big teams broke away their league would cherry pick another 16 - 20 teams from across Europe (and perhaps USA, Japan and China) to give them 2 divisions.