2008 video montage - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2008 video montage

fetish

There used to be  a guy on here that did cracking video montages and posted them on YouTube. Does he still do them? Think his name was Byron. 

I heard Feeder-Feeling a moment yesterday for the first time in ages and was looking to find the Euro 2008 clip....nostalgia kicking in after 4 pretty garbage campaigns. 

10 hours ago, frazzle said:

I had been looking for this song for ages! cheers man!

No bother frazzle

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Braveheart Lynch is your man. Search for some of his old posts....

Cheers Toepoke. I think it would be on the old TAMB. Anyone know if that stuff is still available?

9 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Is it this one ? 

Not that one but cheers. Think it was either before or after the Italy home game and had all the moments from 2008 qualifying. 

I will have a search on YouTube for Byron Lynch.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, they've_been_suckered said:

Doesn't seem to make them anymore. Shame as I always really enjoyed them and shared amongst pals to add to the build up to games. 

Apparently he didn't have time for the last game but I think someone said he was planning one for Oct ?

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Aye everyone loves to reminisce about failing. 

i don't think its about failing.

try to be positive and take the good out of it and relay that to everyone and stop being so down.

if you change the attitude of people maybe more youngsters would take up the game giving us more talent to choose from.

i know there is a lot more than this that is wrong with our game but this is something we can all do and it costs nothing.

just try being Positive 

50 minutes ago, stitch said:

try to be positive and take the good out of it and relay that to everyone and stop being so down.

if you change the attitude of people maybe more youngsters would take up the game giving us more talent to choose from.

i know there is a lot more than this that is wrong with our game but this is something we can all do and it costs nothing.

just try being Positive 

I take it you are on the bevvy early today...

What was positive about failing?  I am positive, I am still attending despite the crap that has been endured over the years.

You are watching a montage of a group of players, who did well, but came up short.  

2 hours ago, Debian said:

I take it you are on the bevvy early today...

What was positive about failing?  I am positive, I am still attending despite the crap that has been endured over the years.

You are watching a montage of a group of players, who did well, but came up short.  

You ask if i am drinking when you say you are positive but you still go and watch CRAP ??

There were a lot of positives about 2008 and about 2016. we didn't make it but we have on both occasions made improvements in a big way.

I have followed Scotland through some very bad years over the last 20 years.

The Teams we have put out in that time have been utter rubbish. Players you never new or players that didn't get on the bench for a championship team.

We now have a few youngsters and a few older heads that can play together and this is the best squad of players we have had in nearly 20 years. We actually have more than 1 player in each position bar the centre backs. We played some good football in Malta and we created a lot of chances in both halves. We should have been 3-1 up at half time.I think this team will only get better. not sure if they will be good enough to get us to Russia but we are on the right road for once.

1 hour ago, stitch said:

You ask if i am drinking when you say you are positive but you still go and watch CRAP ??

There were a lot of positives about 2008 and about 2016. we didn't make it but we have on both occasions made improvements in a big way.

I have followed Scotland through some very bad years over the last 20 years.

The Teams we have put out in that time have been utter rubbish. Players you never new or players that didn't get on the bench for a championship team.

We now have a few youngsters and a few older heads that can play together and this is the best squad of players we have had in nearly 20 years. We actually have more than 1 player in each position bar the centre backs. We played some good football in Malta and we created a lot of chances in both halves. We should have been 3-1 up at half time.I think this team will only get better. not sure if they will be good enough to get us to Russia but we are on the right road for once.

What improvements have we made?  You quote Malta, we were absolutely garbage.  5-1 has papered over the cracks.  A fortuitous penalty and sending off got us out of deep trouble.  Only a wonder saved stopped us going 2-1 down.

The last campaign we threw it away far too often with negativity and thinking we were there after a 1-1 draw in Dublin.  Once again we go to Georgia - 2008 and 2016 - and blow it.  

On 27/09/2016 at 3:14 PM, Debian said:

What improvements have we made?  You quote Malta, we were absolutely garbage.  5-1 has papered over the cracks.  A fortuitous penalty and sending off got us out of deep trouble.  Only a wonder saved stopped us going 2-1 down.

The last campaign we threw it away far too often with negativity and thinking we were there after a 1-1 draw in Dublin.  Once again we go to Georgia - 2008 and 2016 - and blow it.  

i don't know what game you watch when we played Malta.

You say you are positive??

We created a lot of chances in the first half and missed 2 almost sitters but all you can mention is they had 2 chances and they should have been 2-1 up??

The last campaign you say we through it away after the 1-1 draw in Ireland. What about all the games before that that got us in that position in the first place. i forgot you are positive but you don't mention any of the positive points.

we all know Georgia was a shambles but that is what we do most campaigns.

i still don't think we can qualifie but i think we are getting a lot better and most of the players will be around for a few years.

On 27/09/2016 at 10:19 AM, stitch said:

just try being Positive 

Well said

A video made for a bit of fun showing some of our best moments still manages to attract criticism :huh: