Football Special Rumour - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Football Special Rumour

DoonTheSlope

On 15 September 2016 at 5:21 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

What's this about the Slovakians putting on a football special from Bratislava to Trnava on matchday?

A pal has been in contact to say theres murmurs on Facebook about it. Anyone on here with any further info?

A train would be far better than a bus IMO

One or two trains back after the game would be useful 

On 15/09/2016 at 5:21 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

What's this about the Slovakians putting on a football special from Bratislava to Trnava on matchday?

A pal has been in contact to say theres murmurs on Facebook about it. Anyone on here with any further info?

A train would be far better than a bus IMO

I have had an email back saying they would lease me a train for the return journey twelve carriages  1000 passengers  at 11:30 pm however, the initial outlay is alot of money, plus damage deposit, then the grief from people on these boards if i make a profit. which i would be! therefore not worth the hassel this time folk.

3 hours ago, washboarder said:

I have had an email back saying they would lease me a train for the return journey twelve carriages  1000 passengers  at 11:30 pm however, the initial outlay is alot of money, plus damage deposit, then the grief from people on these boards if i make a profit. which i would be! therefore not worth the hassel this time folk.

Don't blame you. It's hard enough organising a bus let alone a train

15 hours ago, washboarder said:

Exactly. Great idea which would be snapped up in no time but definitely not worth the hassle beforehand and on the night. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Got a link ? rather see it on the Slovak rail timetable

Not sure how to copy a FB post in a link, but I've copied the post itself.

update from slovakia rail.   Dear Mr. Brown,

we are very happy to inform you,  that Slovak football federation will organize in cooperation with our company  a special train transfer from Trnava to Bratislava after football match Slovakia - Scotland. Departure of train from Trnava is 23:20. Addmission is FREE   Best regards.

Mgr. Boris OTTMAR
Železničná spoločnosť Slovensko, a.s.
Manažér GVD/Timetable manager
Tel.+421220295211; +421903559077
ottmar.boris@slovakrail.sk

SPECIAL TRAIN AFTER THE MATCH

ATAC have today received confirmation that following discussions regarding travel arrangements for Scotland fans a special train will operate from Trnava to Bratislava after the game. The train has a capacity of 1100 which should be sufficient, recognising the number of fans travelling by coach. Supporters intending to use the train should familiarise themselves with the location of the station in relation to the stadium. Supporters should aim to be at the station for  2300 hrs with a planned departure at 2315 hrs. Reports are that this train will be free.