Barton - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Stu101 said:

divide that by four, then take some more off...

... and still massively overpaid.

The only player I have every watched to get less match fit the more games he plays.

Doubt it. Richard Wilson was pretty adamant that Rangers wage bill this season is higher than it was last. 

Also, Barton could've earned far more than £4K a week down south. 

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Can anyone explain what Halliday is the subject of so much hatred? Ok he is a diehard Rangers fan but apart from that what has he done to incur the wrath of so many?

He's your Neil Lennon. Except nowhere near as good and more of a khunt. 

18 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Certainly don't think he is crap in terms what he has contributed to Rangers so far. Probably suffered as a result of Barton being signed.

I've not saw him play this season. Every time i saw him previously though, he's totally neglected his role of protecting his defence. Which has left Rangers exposed at the back. 

18 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

So give me some examples of why he considered so odious?

On the park he's an agressive, in your face player. Who, unless he's on your team, fans don't like. He also plays up to the lowest in the Rangers support. Jumping in to the crowd while questionable songs are being sung, etc. Unfortunately he's deleted his twitter account, so i'm unable to highlight his khuntishness on that platform. 

I get why a Rangers fan would like him. What i don't get is your surprise that opposition fans would think he's a khunt. 

51 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've not saw him play this season. Every time i saw him previously though, he's totally neglected his role of protecting his defence. Which has left Rangers exposed at the back. 

On the park he's an agressive, in your face player. Who, unless he's on your team, fans don't like. He also plays up to the lowest in the Rangers support. Jumping in to the crowd while questionable songs are being sung, etc. Unfortunately he's deleted his twitter account, so i'm unable to highlight his khuntishness on that platform. 

I get why a Rangers fan would like him. What i don't get is your surprise that opposition fans would think he's a khunt. 

I think we all know he's not popular amongst other fans, but the level of hatred was maybe a bit surprising. 

Admittedly I didn't follow him on Twitter so maybe missed some of the reasons. 

I don't follow any footballer on Twitter or any other social media outlet. generally they either spout rubbish or irritating crap. They're not an intelligent bunch on the whole. 

17 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You should really find out if there's a way you could get the first 4 words of that post automatically populated to all your posts. Would save you a lot of time typing. :wink2:

They see me rollin', they haaaaaatin'! 

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

I told you all he'd be a terrible signing... 

I think there is plenty of competition there. I had a quick glance through the Tranfer Rumours & Delusional  Pish thread, and any number of people (myself included) were saying his signing would be a mistake/disaster from the minute it was first rumoured. To be fair most of the Rangers fans who post here were at least a bit sceptical too, although a few seem to have become a bit less sceptical after the signing was confirmed, which is understandable enough in a 'hope for the best' way. Only one poster raves about how good Barton will be and he isn't a Rangers fan as far as I know.

There is a real feeling of inevitability about what seems to be happening, and I think Rangers would be well advised to get him away as soon as they can. Said from day one that I was surprised that Warburton    was interested in such a disruptive individual, he (Barton) was never going to last long in the goldfish bowl that is the OF and Glasgow. To be fair Barton might yet turn it round at Rangers, but I honestly think they would be better off with him off the wage bill and out of the dressing room.

4 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I think there is plenty of competition there. I had a quick glance through the Tranfer Rumours & Delusional  Pish thread, and any number of people (myself included) were saying his signing would be a mistake/disaster from the minute it was first rumoured. To be fair most of the Rangers fans who post here were at least a bit sceptical too, although a few seem to have become a bit less sceptical after the signing was confirmed, which is understandable enough in a 'hope for the best' way. Only one poster raves about how good Barton will be and he isn't a Rangers fan as far as I know.

There is a real feeling of inevitability about what seems to be happening, and I think Rangers would be well advised to get him away as soon as they can. Said from day one that I was surprised that Warburton    was interested in such a disruptive individual, he (Barton) was never going to last long in the goldfish bowl that is the OF and Glasgow. To be fair Barton might yet turn it round at Rangers, but I honestly think they would be better off with him off the wage bill and out of the dressing room.

I didn't say i was the only one ;) It was completely predictable though. 

59 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

talking on talksport just now ........ what he's saying is going to force warburton to bin him.

I can't listen to the mid morning show now, I hate the sound of Jim White's voice. What did the modest Mr Barton have to say?