Barton - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Was just reading a Gers forum there. One of the lads that broke the news of him signing for us, reckons he has played his last game.  

To PoolQ - I'm quite surprised to hear that, as Bartons' performances have been under scrutiny for a couple of weeks now. I don't know of any Gers fans that defended his display against Celtic.  I must admit, I was happy with that particular signing when it happened, but I'm also big enough to admit it's been a complete disaster. 

Had a wee chuckle there.  Scottish news had Barry Ferguson on commenting on his behaviour. Short memory that yin. 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

To PoolQ - I'm quite surprised to hear that, as Bartons' performances have been under scrutiny for a couple of weeks now. I don't know of any Gers fans that defended his display against Celtic.  I must admit, I was happy with that particular signing when it happened, but I'm also big enough to admit it's been a complete disaster.

I've said a lot re Barton honestly not sure what specifically you're referring to there. Doesn't really matter. There were some here, and elsewhere, that defended him immediately after the OF game, less do now I'm sure. I'm surprised so many thought it was a good idea in the first place (Warburton more than anyone, he really should have know better), but I can understand supporters getting behind him once he signed. Now though I'd assume pretty much everyone has seen through him now.

Edited by Pool Q

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Ok, bear with me here but.....my old man who has a friend of a friend who is Chicko's relation says Chicko says Barton is on £20k a week.

Surely bullsh1t?

yes, from what i've heard. The guy who told me got a few things right transfer wise over the close season, but a couple wrong too.

Obviously no way to prove it though.

21 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

yes, from what i've heard. The guy who told me got a few things right transfer wise over the close season, but a couple wrong too.

Obviously no way to prove it though.

Yes it's incorrect? Surely? What is the estimated figure? Was he offered a deal at Burnley? If so you'd think it could be as high as £8/9k.

39 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Had a wee chuckle there.  Scottish news had Barry Ferguson on commenting on his behaviour. Short memory that yin. 

He was on Sportsound there along with Graham Spiers and Richard Wilson.  All three were 100% certain he won't play for Rangers again.

27 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Ok, bear with me here but.....my old man who has a friend of a friend who is Chicko's relation says Chicko says Barton is on £20k a week.

Surely bullsh1t?

Also mentioned by Spiers, rumoured to be between £20k and £26k per week...

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Yes it's incorrect? Surely? What is the estimated figure? Was he offered a deal at Burnley? If so you'd think it could be as high as £8/9k.

What i heard was £4.5k basic, but thats without add-ons, etc. Must admit i though this was pretty low at the time, but seemingly Burnley offered more, and he wasn't motivated by money after QPR. The guy who told me works in football (but not the media) and it would probably be in his interest to inflate, if you know what I mean. Anyway, maybe Barton just wanted the drama of it all for his book?!!

Wonder if he gets paid if he is suspended?

47 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Barry Ferguson having a go at Barton :blink:

Scotland's king ned criticising England's chief chav !

Barry Ferguson also claimed Rangers would finish second and that Celtic weren't much better than them last week. 

Its like getting davie, the blinkered Hun from the boozer, who has "9IAR" and "WATP" tattooed on his knuckles on for his viewpoint. 

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

He was on Sportsound there along with Graham Spiers and Richard Wilson.  All three were 100% certain he won't play for Rangers again.

Also mentioned by Spiers, rumoured to be between £20k and £26k per week...

Does anyone else think there's massive issues at Ibrox? The latest signings aren't Warburtons I don't think. Gone totally against his usual policy. 

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Does anyone else think there's massive issues at Ibrox? The latest signings aren't Warburtons I don't think. Gone totally against his usual policy. 

Not sure about that, Warburton has been on record as saying the squad needed more depth and experience and with Hill, Krancjar, Barton that's what he got.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Barry Ferguson also claimed Rangers would finish second and that Celtic weren't much better than them last week. 

Its like getting davie, the blinkered Hun from the boozer, who has "9IAR" and "WATP" tattooed on his knuckles on for his viewpoint. 

And "FTP" on his other hand.

12 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

Sky reporting Barton under investigation for alleged breach of football betting rules.

He apparently placed a bet on the Barca v Celtic game last week.  The alleged bet was for Celtic to lose by more than 3 goals so that might go some way to endear him to the Rangers support!

I know rules are rules but I really don't see the issue on players having a flutter in a competition that they are not involved in.

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He apparently placed a bet on the Barca v Celtic game last week.  The alleged bet was for Celtic to lose by more than 3 goals so that might go some way to endear him to the Rangers support!

I know rules are rules but I really don't see the issue on players having a flutter in a competition that they are not involved in.

I wonder how he was caught?, given its so easy to gamble online these days discreetly, was he boasting about it on his Twitter account?

Just now, Jersey Jim said:

I wonder how he was caught?, given its so easy to gamble online these days discreetly, was he boasting about it on his Twitter account?

It was placed on his personal Betfair account and flagged up to the SFA,  I assume the bookies have an agreement with the authorities that they will advise them as I'm sure that's how Ian Black got caught out.

13 hours ago, macy37 said:

a lot more than just strange transfer goings on. claims that paul murray approached brian kennedy for financial help last week.