Barton - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I usually dont listen to anything after early brazil ...... due work. And agree that jim white should never be on tv and defo not radio!

He basically said he called the station due to the chat that was coming out in the media and to give his side. He said that he had no problem with halliday, and that he'd been in many heated discussions and everyones big enough to get on with it .... him and Andy are ok with each other after the heated team meeting about how rangers can get better. Then went onto a big ramble about how he maybe doesn't put his points across too well ..... sounded like Warburton had had a go at him and he'd talked back ...... as per shed ta's quote??? He did not say he would apologise for anything, as he doesn't believe he's done anything wrong.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

I usually dont listen to anything after early brazil ...... due work. And agree that jim white should never be on tv and defo not radio!

He basically said he called the station due to the chat that was coming out in the media and to give his side. He said that he had no problem with halliday, and that he'd been in many heated discussions and everyones big enough to get on with it .... him and Andy are ok with each other after the heated team meeting about how rangers can get better. Then went onto a big ramble about how he maybe doesn't put his points across too well ..... sounded like Warburton had had a go at him and he'd talked back ...... as per shed ta's quote??? He did not say he would apologise for anything, as he doesn't believe he's done anything wrong.

what he's done wrong is go onto a radio show and twatter and shouted his mouth off about a dressing room incident

I think JB is a clever cookie. Realised he's made a mistake by signing for the rangers and is now trying to engineer a way out of ibrox. Monday return was too soon, wee call to radio station and a few tweets will see him booted and he'll make his way to Huddersfield or some similar team by end of next week. 

29 minutes ago, flumax said:

I think JB is a clever cookie. Realised he's made a mistake by signing for the rangers and is now trying to engineer a way out of ibrox. Monday return was too soon, wee call to radio station and a few tweets will see him booted and he'll make his way to Huddersfield or some similar team by end of next week. 

rangers can't afford to boot him anywhere

8 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Can anyone explain what Halliday is the subject of so much hatred? Ok he is a diehard Rangers fan but apart from that what has he done to incur the wrath of so many?

I honestly have barely any idea who the guy is. Who hates him?  Given the Sevco have spent the last 4 years working their way up to the SPL I'm surprised anyone who's a fan of an SPL team would even know who he is let alone hate him.

1 hour ago, flumax said:

Way to much credit in my opinion, there isn't much up top there. It does look like he might be trying to engineer a move out, but any half-wit could think that one up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him being released fairly soon, he can go and cause bother elsewhere and Rangers get him off the wage bill. I think the rules re transfer window is different to the Championship in England, not sure if they can still sign players or need to wait until Christmas.

I thought Joey Barton was a good signing, still do, if his heart is in it.

Did he not have a solid season with Burnley and get named in the championship PFA team of the year? How does he go to pure shit over one summer? Does not make sense to me that.

It was a surprising signing at the time (as in why is he going there). I think if he was up for it he would be excellent for them but it does look like he has decided naw made a mistake here. 

I'll see how he does at his next club before writing him off. 

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Likewise. 

Halliday possibly a bigger than Barton. 

Halliday in the Hibs games over last couple of seasons was an erse, whining to ref constantly, trying to get players booked/sent off.  The fact Rangers fans sing how he hates the pope and the fact that it was him that made a complete horses arse of marking David Gray for our cup winning goal, leaves him in a special place with us Hibees.  This song gets sung every week now.

Edited by giblet

Some players just can't handle life under the microscope. He has ensured that would be the case by trying to act "the big I am" since he signed for them. He then struggled to live up to his own bullshit and has now spat the dummy.

If he goes back to another unfashionable club  South of the border again where he will just be another half decent player, nothing more, nothing less, then he might regain a bit of his ability.

On 9/16/2016 at 3:23 PM, flumax said:

I must admit, these were my thoughts too.  Be interesting to see if he is in the squad on Tuesday night, if nothing announced by then.  Even if he is, difficult one to come back from.

On 17/09/2016 at 7:45 PM, Larky Masher said:

Apparently (according to Radio Scotland) he's down south on Tuesday at a book launch.

Ahh so he has a book to promote? All makes sense now.

Imagine getting yourself into the news and sports headlines then stoking the fire by calling up radio shows the week before your autobiograph goes on sale! Genius!

1 hour ago, Shed_Tartan_Army_Yeah said:

Ahh so he has a book to promote? All makes sense now.

Imagine getting yourself into the news and sports headlines then stoking the fire by calling up radio shows the week before your autobiograph goes on sale! Genius!

I don't agree with that.  I really do think it is coincidence.  I just think he is a total dickhead who cannot help himself.  I thought it was a good signing initially as always willing to give someone a chance (not to be a dickhead).  I think 2 huge mistakes were made here.  I think Rangers and some supporters (me included) over estimated how good he still is and he made the same mistake thinking he could handle the situation up here, which he clearly doesn't have the temperament or personality to handle.  A [small] part of me thinks this can be turned around and he can have a successful season here and keep us in top 6, which is my personal goal, but we will see - maybe later today?

3 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

successful season here and keep us in top 6, which is my personal goal,

Your team has the 2nd biggest budget in the league by a considerable distance, yet your goal is top 6? Hearts were a comfortable 3rd in their first season after promotion, yet your goal is top 6?

Or are you just saying that because of your side's wobbly start? 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Your team has the 2nd biggest budget in the league by a considerable distance, yet your goal is top 6? Hearts were a comfortable 3rd in their first season after promotion, yet your goal is top 6?

Or are you just saying that because of your side's wobbly start? 

Not at all.  I have never said we would challenge this year.  My own goals were always 5 years to get back to top division, and another 5 to hopefully win the league.  I would be over the moon if we got third this year.

If you want my thoughts on where we should be budget wise, lets agree to 2nd.  If you want my thoughts on where we should be this season in reality, top 6.  Where do you think we will finish?  Your final position doesn't always work out on your budget - thought you would know that.

Edited by BlueGaz

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Where do you think we will finish?  Your final position doesn't always work out on your budget - thought you would know that.

I think it'll be between Rangers and Hearts for 3rd/4th spots. 

By and large a team will finish around where there budgets are. I'd be amazed if the top 3 budgets in the league last year weren't 1. Celtic, 2. Aberdeen, 3. Hearts. Of course some teams will exceed expectations and some not live up to theirs. 

However to target top 6, when the Rangers budget is comfortably second (2-3 times Aberdeen's according to Richard Wilson on Sportsound) largest in the league is ridiculous IMO.