Barton - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

You'd have to think he's on the way out.

Read he'd gone to quatar to a training camp at his own expense to prove his fitness/commitment.

So would appear he wants to get back and give it a go, but Rangers want shot of him.

Qatar? Wtf?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueGaz
32 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

What colour of shoes is he wearing?

He put his blue shoes on, and suddenly everything was right, and everybody was smiling.

3 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Are The Rangers waiting on the outcome of the SFA betting hearing in the hope they can sack him?

When's Barton up to answer the betting charge?

I'd be amazed if they could sack him for the betting, given the precedents set with Simonsen and Black (who actually bet against rangers!!!).

30 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd be amazed if they could sack him for the betting, given the precedents set with Simonsen and Black (who actually bet against rangers!!!).

I'd suggest that Rangers' decisions not to sack those two diddies didn't set a precedent they simply exercised they discretion (again f*ck knows why) which wouldn't bar them from going the other way with Barton.

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

Are The Rangers waiting on the outcome of the SFA betting hearing in the hope they can sack him?

When's Barton up to answer the betting charge?

Probably trying to ditch him on the cheap but he'll have refused. Time to see if the club are going to play hard ball by sending him out with the U21s or if it'll just be gardening leave till a move in January. 

40 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I'd suggest that Rangers' decisions not to sack those two diddies didn't set a precedent they simply exercised they discretion (again f*ck knows why) which wouldn't bar them from going the other way with Barton.

I'm not an employment expert to be fair, and they did manage to sack Sandaza for nothing in particular.

12 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Probably trying to ditch him on the cheap but he'll have refused. Time to see if the club are going to play hard ball by sending him out with the U21s or if it'll just be gardening leave till a move in January. 

Is he still suspended? If so surely that means no football at all? Surely you're best to use him if you can't afford to ditch him? Must go deeper than this?

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I assume he's getting his full £20k a week while suspended? 

Absolutely - full pay is usually a pre-requisite during a suspension as he is technically not guilty of anything until a disciplinary hearing decides otherwise - I'm quite sure that the HR department at Greyskull have taken legal advice on that aspect of employment law - whether or not they pay the legal companies invoice is another matter!

He might also be playing the submit a sick note dance - no hearing would dare go ahead whilst he's off on the pat&mick with stress and anxiety.

Edited by Topcat