Craigie Broon Rescue Plan - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Craigie Broon Rescue Plan

Flat Earth

3 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Whilst the idea me might be good, a smaller squad at Celtic wouldn't have meant Mark Burchill would have become Thierry Henry. 

No, but he might have become a decent option at international level rather than a total failure. 

4 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Whilst the idea me might be good, a smaller squad at Celtic wouldn't have meant Mark Burchill would have become Thierry Henry. 

It may have meant that Rangers and Celtic didn't win the league in perpetuity, and a competitive league can only be a good thing for Scottish football.  It would also mean more of our best players playing more often.

21 hours ago, Bino's said:

the individual clubs can do it themselves

no need to blame the old firm

if they did in a couple of seasons they would be competing with the old firm and profiting off selling them their best players, to be replaced by the next youths

like they used to do

When exactly did this happen? I suspect you have a rather tenuous grasp of the history of Scottish football coming out with utter nonsense like this...

On 15/09/2016 at 10:24 PM, giblet said:

I think you are seeing a number of Countries where a couple of teams are getting so far ahead in terms of finance that you are going to see integrated leagues within next 10 years.

Despite them not getting the finance of the English clubs, Celtic and Rangers (when they eventually get themselves sorted) are just simply too big against the rest of the clubs. Could easily see a Northern Atlantic Region league develop/Scandanavian/North Europe/South Europe/West/East.

Might be the only chance we have before we head to the realms of the Irish league.

I really hope so. For me this the way forward now.