This Weekends Games - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Harsh on us I think but you can't fault the quality of that strike. Lots of positives to take from the game but we really need to start winning games. Garner just doesn't do it for me and McKay is incredibly frustrating. We need to get to the new year in touch for second place and get a bit of quality at CB.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Or possibly it would be pointless for a Championship side to move for him when is playing for Celtic, winning things, scoring goals, playing European football. I doubt, bar a salary increase, there is anything to attract him to a Championship side from Celtic.

To find that out though clubs would have to be interest and put bids in for him in the 1st place. As far as we are aware they havent. Celtic would defo accept a bid of anywhere near 8-10 million that was paid for Rhodes and McCormack so im guessing we would have heard. As for whether he would be interested, saying that scoring goals winning things and playing around 6 games in proper euro competition would be enough to make him stay in Scotland probably takes away from the argument that he is our best striker.

If a Scottish player was playing in the Irish league scoring 80 goals a year and playing in euro qualifiers or even the europa league would it make him our best striker?  Id suggest not.

What we know at the moment is that Griffith is an excellent domestic level striker. Id rather rather go with players able to compete reguarly at a higher level.

Rangers had lots of possession and there were excellent performances from Halliday and Mckay. As often happens, they look good with the ball without having a real cutting edge.

However, I don't  think they have really dangerous players in their side the way that Aberdeen have with Hayes, McGinn, Rooney etc.......they also have a soft centre in defence. 

I think Anthony O'Connor could well turn out to be the bargain buy of the season. He was superb again today. 

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Rangers had lots of possession and there were excellent performances from Halliday and Mckay. As often happens, they look good with the ball without having a real cutting edge.

However, I don't  think they have really dangerous players in their side the way that Aberdeen have with Hayes, McGinn, Rooney etc.......they also have a soft centre in defence. 

I think Anthony O'Connor could well turn out to be the bargain buy of the season. He was superb again today. 

I thought McKay was pish today - he's been poor in the league all season and needs dropped. Agree with you on Halliday.

Impressed with the 2 Aberdeen full backs today. Logan was very good and even Considine who I thought would be something of a weak link.

Cracking free kick to win it. But Aberdeen far too defensive and showing too much respect to a mid table team (in not trying to be all let's all laugh at rangers snarf snarf demise of a club how drole - genuinely think the squad is limited and the results indicate this). 

Hoping for Saints to have a result later to keep the league competitive at the top. 

30 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I think that is all fair.  I have said a couple of times now, we are struggling to score goals in the league games against the better teams. Played some nice football today up until last part of each play in and around goal.  Apart from today and Celtic game, we should be sitting 2nd comfortably.  But if you can't take your chances, you can't win.  Gutted at the ref decision for your 2nd, in a million years it was not even a foul, never mind a card, but thats football.

32 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Hard to disagree with that.

36 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Interesting to hear them describe Warburton's verbal attack as 'passion'.

Not how they used to describe Lennon whenever he did this.

Lennon was a cnut though whilst at Celtic.  I don't think Warburton is.  The ref had a good game but made a huge mistake - I can forgive him for being uber angry.

Edited by BlueGaz

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Lennon was a cnut though whilst at Celtic.  I don't think Warburton is.  The ref had a good game but made a huge mistake - I can forgive him for being uber angry.

Warburton does seem to have a bit of class and dignity about him right enough. Something Lennon could never learn in a million years.

6 hours ago, Rossy said:

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

He's a classless arsehole who cant handle the pressure of a club with such a big support. He got a free ride last year but is showing his true colours now.

It makes for fantastic viewing mind you.

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Can't argue with the result. Piss poor from both sides and we continue to defend like school kids. Again I thought we just shaded it, second half, on the balance of play, without really creating much.  A goal fitting to win any match. Not convinced it was a foul, but thems the breaks. Ref had a very good game imo. 

Anyway all the best to anyone that had an interest today, particularly SMcoolJ, Parkie and AberdeenAngus. Gid Loons :D

Enjoy it.......ya bastards :(

Very gracious :ok: 

We were poor today. McLean an empty shirt yet again led to us being unable to control the game. We're missing Jack really badly ATM.

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Some hit.

But now remember why Beaton is so hated.

He was shocking. Gave rangers so many free kicks for pretty much hee haw

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Probably our worst performance of the season.

Yeah, very poor. 

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Warburton does seem to have a bit of class and dignity about him right enough. Something Lennon could never learn in a million years.

He was on the pitch, screaming and swearing in the ref's face. "Class and dignity" :lol:

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He was on the pitch, screaming and swearing in the ref's face. "Class and dignity" :lol:

You are obviously a saint, I understand that, but I don't blame him at all.  it wasn't even a free kick, never mind a yellow card.  Huge mistake cost us 2 points in the end.  You, like me, haven't got a clue what he said - so dismount and move on!!!! The ref deserved it IMO.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

I though O'Connor was probably the best player on the park.

Our Midfield is good- its just the bits on ether side of it I have some issues with. McKay was good in parts today, but dropped in and out of the game too much.