This Weekends Games - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Guest faircity
5 hours ago, macy37 said:

I didn't know that every foul now means a yellow card. When did that rule come in?

Sevco are extremely ordinary and beaten today by a side that didn't turn up.

Unless you are a hun of course. I can only assume O'conner was booked for farting. He was fouled yet conceded a free kick and gained a yellow card for his troubles. Beaton was stinking and embarrassingly one sided all game.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the game.

Hard to believe how poor we were today. For the second game in a row, I reckon Mcinnes got the team and the formation wrong. Pawlett was playing further forward than Rooney who had dropped back to the halfway line as we were being swamped in midfield.

Pawlett hasn't kicked a ball in over 2 years and  I can't see him being at Pittodrie much longer. 

I still don't think Hayes is 100% fit and McGinn has been playing football almost constantly for 2 years now and desperately needs a break. 

Logan looked subdued and uncertain, and first half the whole team looked nervous. I think the 'occasion' got to them a bit.  

Second half was better as Maddison gave us (a bit) more control going forward, but we still sat back far too deep and invited Rangers on to us.

Thankfully O'Connor, Reynolds and Considine were on good form today and that kept us sane. I shudder to think what chaos could have ensued if Taylor had started. 

Guest faircity

Seems harsh to criticise McInnes after a great week but I feel he is far too cautious and appears to restrict his players from expressing themselves. Rangers are shit, make no mistake, yet we showed them a level of respect way above their worth. Lewis had one scrappy save to make and thats about it, Rangers probably played their best game of the season and we were fortunate but on a good day we would rip them to shreds with ease given the freedom to play.

1 minute ago, faircity said:

Seems harsh to criticise McInnes after a great week but I feel he is far too cautious and appears to restrict his players from expressing themselves. Rangers are shit, make no mistake, yet we showed them a level of respect way above their worth. Lewis had one scrappy save to make and thats about it, Rangers probably played their best game of the season and we were fortunate but on a good day we would rip them to shreds with ease given the freedom to play.

I don't think they're shit....they actually play some very good passing football under Warburton. 

They don't have any real cutting edge though.

19 minutes ago, faircity said:

The 'managing leads' thing really annoys me. Once we're 1 up we seem to sit back and expect to sit it out to FT. 

Guest faircity
10 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I don't think they're shit....they actually play some very good passing football under Warburton. 

Utterly toothless though, some of their football from the back is outrageous, passing for the sake of it and downright dangerous at times. Its like they have watched a Guardiola team play and thought they can mirror it. In principle its great, but with ponderous shite like Clint "what on earth do I have to do to get booked" Hill it simpy cannot work. Possession is great but Lewis was busier against Saints midweek and I suspect he wont have a quieter afternoon all season.

24 minutes ago, Rossy said:

You have summed up our season so far in these 2 sentences. We have played some decent passing stuff but against the better teams we've struggled badly even to hit a decent shot on target.

Definitely need to up the pace at which we play or top 6 will be a struggle.

At the start of the season I was looking for top 4 now I'm not so sure.

Well as I thought very I couldn'the make the game.

Forgot to record it but have seen the highlights which appear to be enough to see going by reports.

Appears it wasn't a free kick but that happens in the game. My bugbear with all managers and in this case Warburton is they are quick to complain if a wrong call costs them but they never seem to admit when a wrong call goes in their favour for a win. 

Good week Aberdeen results wise but still a good bit short of hitting top form. Plenty of room for improvement. 

Edited by AberdeenAngus

This must be even more galling for the Rangers supporters when opposition clubs fans are complaining that their teams are not playing very well, meanwhile they are still all taking points off the Ibrox men!

Looks like they are finding the transition up from the championship to the premiership a wee bit too hot to handle at the moment. Even the "siege mentality" card isn't helping, the premiership players and managers are just a wee bit too cute to fall for the same old, same old tactics that Warburton uses.

Looks like they may need the winter window even more than ever now.

I think it's a wee bit early to be righting off Ragers. They aren't going to win the league obviously. Celtic will win by at least 12 points, IMO. But most folk seem to think they have had a shit start to the season and yet they are only 3 points off 2nd place. They've only lost 2 games so far - both of them away to the top 2 from last year. Long way to go yet. Dons fans shouldn't get too cocky until they win at Ibrox.

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think it's a wee bit early to be righting off Ragers. They aren't going to win the league obviously. Celtic will win by at least 12 points, IMO. But most folk seem to think they have had a shit start to the season and yet they are only 3 points off 2nd place. They've only lost 2 games so far - both of them away to the top 2 from last year. Long way to go yet. Dons fans shouldn't get too cocky until they win at Ibrox.

They lost twice away to Falkirk and Hibs last year as well as major cup final.

This year lost heavily to Celtic and today to Aberdeen.

One cup win against a dreadful Celtic shouldn't mask the fact he hasn't won too many big matches.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'm trying to be polite but stop insulting me. 

- your old team died

- your new team lost to Aberdeen, without Aberdeen even having to play well. 

Get it right up ye. Stop behaving like a stereotypical raging Hun. ??

You're a bigot.  Nothing else to be said really. 

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Hang on when Lennon was screaming at the ref for cheating was he not the most evil man on the planet. Interesting indeed seeing the very same dons fans when it is the Hun manager doing it. No prob sit seems. 

All their managers wear suits. All their Catholic players who used to bless themselves at previous clubs stop when they sign for the worlds most successful club.

And those in the media who try and tell the truth about them (Spence/Speirs) suddenly disappear from radio/TV.

1 hour ago, faircity said:

some of their football from the back is outrageous, passing for the sake of it and downright dangerous at times. 

That is what has wound me up the most this season.

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Your team got pumped, so I'm a bigot? Good one.

Again, true to form, making stuff up.  You are a bigot.  Nothing to do with my team getting pumped.