This Weekends Games - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, adamntg said:

That wouldn't knock over a three year old.  

I think the free kick was a soft award. Probably a 50:50 decision. Certainly not one to run on the pitch post match and scream in the ref's face about. 

Class and dignity. 

3 hours ago, Rossy said:

Graeme Souness's solution is to throw more money at it... :lol:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14763809.Graeme_Souness__Rangers_must_find_Mark_Warburton_more_money___so_the_Ibrox_club_can_challenge_Celtic/?ref=mrb&lp=1

“It looks like they are spending what they generate so he is running it as a business. If you are him or a director, that is something you have to run with. But if you are a supporter it is not great.

“I am a supporter and like every supporter I am not interested in the bottom line, as long as we stay solvent. Find the money from somewhere and give the manager a chance.”

:lol: 

FFs. How did that work out for them last time? :lol:

12 hours ago, slasher said:

Shouldn't your expectations be 2nd or 3rd at worst given you have the 2nd biggest budget?

Coming into the season Gers fans were slaughtered for setting their expectations on 2nd and had a lot of nerve thinkng they would even make top six. Now that we have had a run of very poor results and adjusting expectations we are now getting slaughtered that we aren't setting our sights on 2nd?

15 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

FFs. How did that work out for them last time? :lol:

Pretty well for a while ;)

I think Souness is letting either the Rangers board or fans that Brian Kennedy is willing to put some money into Rangers. The fact that this is in public leads me to think that the board might have knocked back an approach from Kennedy and this is to get the fans putting pressure on the board for some more investment in the team which means they may have to reach out to Kenndey. In fairness it shouldn't take much to improve our defence, hell I'll donate a couple of these, can't be any worse than what we have at the minute.

soccer-equipments-and-training-inflatabl

Edited by theweestevie

That really is an astonishing quote from Souness. To come out with that pish after watching what happened the last 5 years combined with the fact that he shares a significant part of the blame along with Murray is really jaw dropping stuff. The lesson just has not penetrated at all. This mad attitude which many, many huns (but not all) share is like a self destruct mechanism. It will drive them to the edge of the precipice again and again...it is just a question of when not if. It is like a form of madness. Crazy stuff.

Celtic should exploit it IMHO and they should up the spending and like Reagan did in the 80's with the USA versus the soviet union the Commies / RFC will not be able to match them in / afford the arm's race and it will break the bank (again).  Ominously for Rangers Warburton and Gorbachev do look quite alike.

I agree with orraloon far too early to be drawing conclusions. For a newly promoted team first time in the big league RFC are doing pretty damn good. This will be them at their worst as I would expect them to get better as the season wears on. 

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Pretty well for a while ;)

I think Souness is letting either the Rangers board or fans that Brian Kennedy is willing to put some money into Rangers. The fact that this is in public leads me to think that the board might have knocked back an approach from Kennedy and this is to get the fans putting pressure on the board for some more investment in the team which means they may have to reach out to Kenndey. In fairness it shouldn't take much to improve our defence, hell I'll donate a couple of these, can't be any worse than what we have at the minute.

soccer-equipments-and-training-inflatabl

I guess. right up until the point your club was liquidated...:wink2:

wont have to go far for them - my clubs got a few from last season we could give you...

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I think the free kick was a soft award. Probably a 50:50 decision. Certainly not one to run on the pitch post match and scream in the ref's face about. 

Class and dignity. 

He might have caught his ankle but it's not a push which is what you said.  Either way, it was a free kick nearly 30 yards out.  Plenty still be done to score from that.  And wrong decisions are part of the game. 

8 hours ago, Rossy said:

“It looks like they are spending what they generate so he is running it as a business. If you are him or a director, that is something you have to run with. But if you are a supporter it is not great.

“I am a supporter and like every supporter I am not interested in the bottom line, as long as we stay solvent. Find the money from somewhere and give the manager a chance.”

:lol: 

I see Mr Souness hasn't been fully informed of the events leading up to the situation he is commenting on.

apparently Souness was in Scotland to attend the SFA Grass Roots awards ceremony.

You would think he'd have been asked about, err maybe youth football, coaching, the future of our game or similar? Unless I've totally mistaken what an SFA grass roots scheme should involve?

From what I can see he spent the whole time talking about Celtic and The Rangers, suggesting the latter should just spend - "find the money from somewhere". What about your EBT?

12 minutes ago, Big Col said:

From what I can see he spent the whole time talking about Celtic and The Rangers, suggesting the latter should just spend - "find the money from somewhere". What about your EBT?

He's a feckin deluded nutter.

Part of the problems in Scottish football, not the solution.

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

He might have caught his ankle but it's not a push which is what you said.  Either way, it was a free kick nearly 30 yards out.  Plenty still be done to score from that.  And wrong decisions are part of the game. 

I said at the time that it wasn't a free kick, albeit I haven't seen any of the replays.

Having said that, the result from it made the 9 hour drive home today a feckin pleasure.....

#evensitselfoutoveraseason :lol::lol::lol:

21 minutes ago, fringo said:

I thought it was a good tackle.

Hard to call for the ref though.

Aye, the tackle was spot on.

However they go for you sometimes, not others. Move on.

Anyway had Waghorn been able to hit the target from three yards, then this wouldn't have been such an issue.

I watched the tackle several times trying to see if he got the ball but it's not conclusive. Then I noticed that Taverniers left knee slides through Haynes standing foot just before he tackles with his right foot. Tackle from behind going through the player makes it a correct decision. 

13 hours ago, theweestevie said:

Coming into the season Gers fans were slaughtered for setting their expectations on 2nd and had a lot of nerve thinkng they would even make top six. Now that we have had a run of very poor results and adjusting expectations we are now getting slaughtered that we aren't setting our sights on 2nd?

My recollection was most Gers fans on here were settling for top 6. It was us non-OF fans who thought they would get into the top 2...

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

My recollection was most Gers fans on here were settling for top 6. It was us non-OF fans who thought they would get into the top 2...

I don't see why second place is unrealistic. There could be four teams fighting for this spot by the end of the season.

Edited by EddardStark

20 hours ago, Parklife said:

Class and dignity. 

Post match interviews are not the best for managers and coaches. I suppose its difficult to maintain your dignitity when you lose a goal in the 90 minute as a result of the award. He won't be the last manager to lose his cool.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

No complaints about the ref's decision. He made the call and on another occassion he could have played on. Hard one to take in terms of what followed.

I have, shocking decision, and would expect fans of any other team to be annoyed when it happens to them too. But agree, some you get, some you don't, part of the game.  Doesn't make me complain any less when it does happen though.  :ok: