This Weekends Games - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Rossy said:

:lol::lol:

You've spent millions more than the team in second place. Don't be fuucking stupid, you idiot.

So? What is the Problem? Have we stole the money? Or have we earned it by winning, reinvesting, loyal fans and international football? Not our fault that you have no loyal fanbase of a recognizable size and your club is run by small minded mediocre business men with no vision nor ambition. If you think finishing 2nd and 3rd makes you an attractive club, well go on. You had 3-4 years to win a title in absence of The Rangers 2.0 and you won 0. No wonder nobody cares and pays a penny to watch you  On top you make an arse of yourselves by getting papped out at qualifying stages of the euro league against some diddy clubs.But all you do is complaining about Celtic and Sevco. Boring. Same old Aberdeen. Now, put on your old 80s VHS tapes with your golden days and curse the old /new firm. 

3 minutes ago, Batzek-osemba said:

So? What is the Problem? Have we stole the money? Or have we earned it by winning, reinvesting, loyal fans and international football? Not our fault that you have no loyal fanbase of a recognizable size and your club is run by small minded mediocre business men with no vision nor ambition. If you think finishing 2nd and 3rd makes you an attractive club, well go on. You had 3-4 years to win a title in absence of The Rangers 2.0 and you won 0. No wonder nobody cares and pays a penny to watch you  On top you make an arse of yourselves by getting papped out at qualifying stages of the euro league against some diddy clubs.But all you do is complaining about Celtic and Sevco. Boring. Same old Aberdeen. Now, put on your old 80s VHS tapes with your golden days and curse the old /new firm. 

What an ignorant post. 

The compromising photos that Lawell has of all the other chairmen meaning they allow Celtic to run Scottish football to suit themselves and hoover up the largest cut of the pie are a bit of a factor.

Although given Aberdeen jumped into bed with Celtic in the absence of Rangers to allow the monopoly to continue, they've no real rite to complain.

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The compromising photos that Lawell has of all the other chairmen meaning they allow Celtic to run Scottish football to suit themselves and hoover up the largest cut of the pie are a bit of a factor.

Although given Aberdeen jumped into bed with Celtic in the absence of Rangers to allow the monopoly to continue, they've no real rite to complain.

I don't hear anyone complaining about anything. I agree with you.

I was just having a chuckle at Celtic fans pretending to sweat as their million pound players swat a other bunch of journeymen diddies aside.

Just now, Rossy said:

I was just having a chuckle at Celtic fans pretending to sweat as their million pound players swat a other bunch of journeymen diddies aside.

Are you calling Motherwell journeymen diddies?

:shocked:

Actually, fair point.

:lol:

Scott Brown's booking yesterday was a bizarre decision I thought.

Was a bit of a Charlie Mulgrew/Kyle Laugherty incident,with Brown being Mulgrew and Chris Cadden doing a Kyle Laugherty.

So presuming the Ref has booked Brown for head butting Cadden, he didn't, boy has made a tit of himself, but if the Ref thinks he has, which it appears he does, then it's the first time I've seen a yellow for that!

Moult should have seen red too, wild swipe about knee high on a Celtic player.

Hearts were rotten against Dundee yesterday, who could justifiably feel unlucky not to get at least a point. Sammon looks unlikely to score again this decade, and I suspect Neilson might be running out of patience with Watt. 

Guest faircity
5 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

That same diddy team Maribor that papped out Celtic the other year aye?

7 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

A glory-hunting German guy who calls Celtic "we", is having a pop at Aberdeen for getting beaten in Europe from a team who have vastly great resources than us and who pumped Celtic out a couple of years ago? :lol: 

9 hours ago, Batzek-osemba said:

I can't work out if this post is ill-informed ignorance or a poor fishing attempt.  That said, on the basis I can't work out which it is, it's maybe a good fishing attempt? But on the basis I'm not biting it's back to being a poor fishing attempt.  Actually, feck it, it's just ignorant and illustrates the type of mindset that lends itself to the current problems in our game. 

Edited by SMcoolJ

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

A glory-hunting German guy who calls Celtic "we", is having a pop at Aberdeen for getting beaten in Europe from a team who have vastly great resources than us and who pumped Celtic out a couple of years ago? :lol: 

Where in Germany is Port Glasgow?

4 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Why would a Scottish club German fan come on a TA forum anyway?  

To make friends? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Where in Germany is Port Glasgow?

Not every Celtic fan that joins here is PGB... 

49 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's worrying there's so many of them! (Celtic fans with a chip on their shoulder, not PGB sleeper accounts)

What exactly are you worried about? Can we not support Celtic, Scotland and not follow the established thinking of the Rangers media and the pompous  northern twat Scotland fans?

19 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Johnny Hayes today.  Magnificent. 

Please Santa, can we keep him for a bit longer......and if I'm not asking too much, can we keep Maddison for a bit longer too?

He looks like a good version of Eoin Jess. Does he have a Scottish granny?

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Big claim. Is he on loan or is he Aberdeen's? 

On loan from Norwich unfortunately.

He's certainly been the catalyst for our good form over the last month and it's fairly obvious that he (or a player like him) is the missing link that we need to tick. He's played the last 5 games, and we've won them all scoring 14 goals and conceding 2 in the process.In the 5 league games before that, and without Maddison, we scored 4 goals.

A brief look at any Norwich fans forum shows that they're well aware of the fact that he's setting the heather on fire in the SPFL, and that they expect big things from him.

This kid is an undoubted star of the future in England....I doubt very much if we'll hold on to him past the end of January.

25 minutes ago, Rossy said:

On loan from Norwich unfortunately.

He's certainly been the catalyst for our good form over the last month and it's fairly obvious that he (or a player like him) is the missing link that we need to tick. He's played the last 5 games, and we've won them all scoring 14 goals and conceding 2 in the process.In the 5 league games before that, and without Maddison, we scored 4 goals.

A brief look at any Norwich fans forum shows that they're well aware of the fact that he's setting the heather on fire in the SPFL, and that they expect big things from him.

This kid is an undoubted star of the future in England....I doubt very much if we'll hold on to him past the end of January.

Interesting. What age is he? Wonder why he's on loan and not involved down there, Norwich aren't exactly awash with quality. Why did I think he had come from Oxford? This league needs as much quality as possible so let's hope he continues to shine.

I feel a bit sorry for Sammon, he is playing up front with someone who spends most of his time fannying around in centre midfield. His confidence is obviously shot. Muirhead looks limited, but puts himself about, and he stretched a Dundee defence that was looking comfortable against a team that had been playing with no width. It made an obvious difference when he came on for Watt, he played to a team pattern and gave us a bit of shape.