This Weekends Games - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

I don't have a problem with 'them'.

Sutton's never refereed a game in his life, and listening to him it's obvious (like many footballers) that he doesn't understand the laws of the game. 

He's well paid to talk pish on TV. 

Is that acceptable to you ?

Jeezuz calm down will you?

Why do you take every question to you as some kind of personal attack???

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I don't have a problem with 'them'.

Sutton's never refereed a game in his life, and listening to him it's obvious (like many footballers) that he doesn't understand the laws of the game. 

He's well paid to talk pish on TV. 

Is that acceptable to you ?

What incident are you referring to?

The later game today was absolutely dire.  Hardly any decent football on show. 

I'm kinda warming to Sutton. He was spot on with his assessment and kept perfectly neutral throughout, while Butcher said he was neutral early on, but that facade didn't last long. 

Sutton's campaign against the ref is a bit cringe worthy, but if the ref didn't get these decisions completely wrong from 5 yards away, he'd have to speak about something else. 

St.Johnstone were good today. Played some nice stuff but looked nervy at the end. They'll run Hearts and Rangers close for 3rd if they can put away bottom 6 teams with any consistency. 

6 hours ago, Langtonian said:

warburton thinks the gap has closed :lol:...Celtic were streets ahead and only the ref and rangers goalkeeper kept the score down

I actually thought that Clint Hill had a decent game. A few really good blocks and he kept Dembele pretty quiet (obviously until the last few minutes).

7 hours ago, Langtonian said:

warburton thinks the gap has closed :lol:...Celtic were streets ahead and only the ref and rangers goalkeeper kept the score down

Rangers barely managed a shot on target. Their ball retention was utterly woeful. An absolute humping in every aspect but the scoreline. 

32 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Rangers barely managed a shot on target. Their ball retention was utterly woeful. An absolute humping in every aspect but the scoreline. 

Agree with this, Rangers were barely in it. They have their keeper to thank for the low score line, people who continue to want kenny Miller or lee Wallace called up need their prescriptions changed immediately.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Agree with this, Rangers were barely in it. They have their keeper to thank for the low score line, people who continue to want kenny Miller or lee Wallace called up need their prescriptions changed immediately.

According to that keeper Rangers outplayed Celtic at times yesterday. Old club/ new club  whatever but at least the delusional disease hasn't left Ibrox.

Gap is nowhere near close or closing.

First half our front four did not click yet we still created enough chances, second half it was wave after wave.  Rangers looked, and played like a run of the mill SPL side, park the bus, hoof it up the park and hope for a break away goal.

In the last three Celtic v Rangers game it has been 77 shots on goal to 23 in favour of Celtic. Winning the first on penalties may have been the worst outcome for Rangers as it got a dud of a manager the sack and papered over the cracks.

Best two teams in Scotland now in the final and Aberdeen have the players to expose Celtics weakness, provided they get over their lack of bottle when they get inside Glasgow.

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed. Rangers arearea mid table side at best. 

Given on what we've seen so far I'd agree however we can play a lot better than we have done to this point.  I reckon 3rd - 4th is a realistic aim this season.