This Weekends Games - Page 54 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aberdeen U20s must be tired, currently getting scudded 9-1 off Motherwell at home. 

That's the level you're going to? Slagging off Aberdeen development side results? :lol: 

Whatever makes you happy! I'd be careful with it though, since the side you're slagging are 3 points above Killie with 3 games in hand. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

That's the level you're going to? Slagging off Aberdeen development side results? :lol: 

Whatever makes you happy! I'd be careful with it though, since the side you're slagging are 3 points above Killie with 3 games in hand. 

That's only half right.  Killie are above Aberdeen on GS, but Aberdeen do have 3 games in hand.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's almost as if Celtic have more money to buy a larger squad of higher quality players, which would enable them to cope with such demands.... ^?^

Naw. They were cited above as getting humped in Europe and then lumped in with how it was not really worth their (or Aberdeen's) while blah blah. It is a loada utter pish. Celtic got totally humped by pretty much everyone but still they have 46 points out of 48. Aye must be all Europe fault then. (And by the way quoting the qualifying game where Celtic lost the first leg but won the second one as a humping is extra desperate shit, it is like quoting the score at half time...) 

This idea that Aberdeen should avoid being successful so they don't qualify for Europe in case they are too tired for the SPL is the most pathetic philosophy I have ever heard. What do you think Alex Ferguson would have said to that surrender monkey shite? Seriously fux sake.

What is the turnover of Aberdeen today versus during the AF years? This is the most limp wristed shit I have ever seen.

Bad case of this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes

Edited by thplinth

We bashing the new team or taking fitba'? Not read the last 10 page...

Thistle played a Thistle tonight. Praise from the Celtic TV halfwits but we ultimately failed again. 

If we could score, we'd be dangerous. 

Osman had a stinker and our Gordon is still woeful.

Ryan Edwards was outstanding. Kept Brown quiet. Referee was whistle happy. 

We're going to absolutely leather some team soon... :lol:

Edited by OLAS

Thistle were decent tonight and had their chances.

We were pretty poor mostly but good to see Sinclair back and scoring, also Gamboa was as good as I've seen him. On the down side big Jozo had a stinker tonight and I really don't see what successive Celtic managers see in Callum McGregor.......he really isn't good enough.

Aah well, 14 clear and still unbeaten. Onwards!

Edited by slasher

Third home game in a row in a week and we've got steadily worse over the three games. Lots of passing about the midfield but zero drive, whether thats down to weariness or the number of changes is up for debate. Thistle definitely had enough chances to win the game and I thought they should have at least one penalty. In saying that, I think we have to remember this is basically the same team that was horrifically poor at times last season and maybe the initial boost we got from a new manager has subsided slightly and our limitations are being exposed again. Never the less, we have a comfortable lead but need to really pick in the next few games otherwise a team that takes the chances we give up on a regular basis will beat us.

27 minutes ago, OLAS said:

We bashing the new team or taking fitba'? Not read the last 10 page...

Thistle played a Thistle tonight. Praise from the Celtic TV halfwits but we ultimately failed again. 

Osman had a stinker and our Gordon is still woeful.

Ryan Edwards was outstanding. Kept Brown quiet. Referee was whistle happy. 

Was he the guy in the middle of the park with longish hair? If so, he was brilliant. Kept the ball well, read the game and had a couple of really lovely touches, particularly in the first half when he took two players out with a cruyff turn.

8 minutes ago, Mox said:

Third home game in a row in a week and we've got steadily worse over the three games. Lots of passing about the midfield but zero drive, whether thats down to weariness or the number of changes is up for debate. Thistle definitely had enough chances to win the game and I thought they should have at least one penalty. In saying that, I think we have to remember this is basically the same team that was horrifically poor at times last season and maybe the initial boost we got from a new manager has subsided slightly and our limitations are being exposed again. Never the less, we have a comfortable lead but need to really pick in the next few games otherwise a team that takes the chances we give up on a regular basis will beat us.

I don't think it's tiredness or the changes. The motivation has dropped in the wake of the European effort and winning big games like the cup final. The players are still trying to do the right things but are going through the motions a bit at times, but they'll pick up again in time for the visit to Sevco I'm sure.That said, the needless mistakes being made by all the back four are alarming.

33 minutes ago, Mox said:

Isn't it merely a case of they know they only have to score 1 or 2 goals to win 99% of the matches between now and the end of the season?

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

Keep hoping OLAS ... but 42nd year as a Jag I'm starting to get that sinking feeling that it'll be lazy Saturday afternoons down at Somerset Park & across at East End Park next season - although it'll probably be via a playoff against the Hibees or the Arabs.

Still tight at the bottom & next 5 league games in a row are crucial - plus a potential banana skin v Fortmatine U!

Edited by Topcat

2 hours ago, Mox said:

Harsh.

no team on the planet is good in every game. Lots of changes recently to try and keep things fresh. 6 games in 18 days so its impossible to play well in every game. Good thing is we keep winning. 

My only concern at the moment is dembele, but he's young and a few goals sometime soon should see him bounce back.

14 hours ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

FT at Links Park.  Aberdeen 1 - 9 Motherwell.

A repeat on Friday night from the 1st team would be smashing. :lol:

And surely now a strong case for Motherwell's development team to be admitted to the Scottish lower leagues.