This Weekends Games - Page 70 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

Some bounce at Accies yesterday for an equaliser. That's what football is all about. 

To be fair to Lee Lucas there wasn't any malice in it, the ball was getting away from him and he dived in. No complaints with the red though - dangerous and reckless. 

The Accies LB was brutal. A young Tony Straker.

Yeah, in context it wasn't as ridiculous as it looks in the photo.

Was a great end to a pretty rotten game, don't think I've ever had anything to celebrate at New Douglas park before!

:lol:

That boy was truly awful, Ali Crawford was the best player on the pitch and Massimo Donati had a touch of class about him, but otherwise accies were awful.

On 31/12/2016 at 2:15 PM, Rossy said:

Seems a while ago since the board was filled with posts like this from Rangers fans. 

Aaaah. The halcyon days of  Rangers being 7 points clear of the dross and being guaranteed 2nd place at the beginning of December. 

How I miss these days. Where did it all go wrong ??

Thought you weren't bothered about finishing 2nd? You would rather finish 4th? 

Rangers will still finish 2nd. 

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Langtonian said:

I know it's not easy to accept but the truth hurts 

Yer right, McKay never took the piss out of Celtic defence, men against boys right enough :wave:

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Yeah, in context it wasn't as ridiculous as it looks in the photo.

Was a great end to a pretty rotten game, don't think I've ever had anything to celebrate at New Douglas park before!

That boy was truly awful, Ali Crawford was the best player on the pitch and Massimo Donati had a touch of class about him, but otherwise accies were awful.

Your boy enjoy himself?

2 hours ago, GRBear said:

Aberdeen will at least have the chance to strengthen, whereas The Rangers can't afford to do so.

(And I don't see why they would anyway as there's no season books to sell.)

8 hours ago, GRBear said:

I said I could do without starting our next season 3 weeks after the last one ends due to the insanity that is European football, and if that meant Aberdeen finished 4th instead of 2nd, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm just having a guffaw at the gloating from some Rangers fans who thought they had 2nd place guaranteed a fortnight ago, and who obviously have only been watching Scottish football since August.

Rangers may very well finish 2nd, I don't know. Neither do you.

6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I said I could do without starting our next season 3 weeks after the last one ends due to the insanity that is European football, and if that meant Aberdeen finished 4th instead of 2nd, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm just having a guffaw at the gloating from some Rangers fans who thought they had 2nd place guaranteed a fortnight ago, and who obviously have only been watching Scottish football since August.

Rangers may very well finish 2nd, I don't know. Neither do you.

Sorry I don't see where you are getting this so called confidence we are nailed on for second. Saturday's defeat was our first at home defeat this season and we have been on a decent run since our previous defeat to Celtic in the league but our form has been shabby at best.  Second place will be decided by the head to heads between 2nd to 4th place. I can't see any of us taking points of Celtic. Our first two games league games after the break are Well and Hearts away which will go a long way to deciding our where we will finish in the league.

Edited by EddardStark

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Your boy enjoy himself?

Him and his mum got a last minute invite to soft play.

So he probably had a great time.

Don't mind taking him and would love it if he got interested, but he's a bit young anyway (3 1/2), so plenty time to Brainwash him yet.

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Sorry I don't see where you are getting this so called confidence we are nailed on for second. Saturday's defeat was our first at home defeat this season and we have been on a decent run since our previous defeat to Celtic in the league but our form has been shabby at best.  Second place will be decided by the head to heads between 2nd to 4th place. I can't see any of us taking points of Celtic. Our first two games league games after the break are Well and Hearts away which will go a long way to deciding our where we will finish in the league.

Just the fact that plenty of your fellow bluenoses have been in gloat mode over the last few weeks. A small look back through a couple of threads will confirm this.

Edited by Rossy

Guest BlueGaz
15 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Just the fact that plenty of your fellow bluenoses have been in gloat mode over the last few weeks. A small look back through a couple of threads will confirm this.

Unlike many of your fellow chubby aberdonian pals prior to that?  swings and roundabouts my friend? I haven't witnessed as much gloating as you seem to have, which is not to say you didn't witness it.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Unlike many of your fellow chubby aberdonian pals prior to that?  swings and roundabouts my friend? I haven't witnessed as much gloating as you seem to have, which is not to say you didn't witness it.

Chubby ? :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
3 hours ago, Rossy said:

Chubby ? :lol:

According to you I am a bowler hat wearing, sash wearing avid fan of marching, so as we are generalising, all aberdeen fans are overweight, chubsters.  :wave:

Thats why they keep putting the trains off apparently, too much strain on the axles.

Edited by BlueGaz

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

Interesting actions from Brown after the comments he made about Walker: https://mobile.twitter.com/steveng1873/status/815643673547382784/video/1

Browns entire game seems to revolve around trying to start a rammy.

He did the exact same at fir park, then jumped up and swaggered away after the yellow card was flashed.

i didn't watch the game, but my mate was saying he ran 30 yards to stop Dembele giving a drop ball back to Rangers.

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Browns entire game seems to revolve around trying to start a rammy.

He did the exact same at fir park, then jumped up and swaggered away after the yellow card was flashed.

i didn't watch the game, but my mate was saying he ran 30 yards to stop Dembele giving a drop ball back to Rangers.

To be fair I'd like a player like that in our team. I'm pretty sure that's exactly the type of guy the Aberdeen fans are looking for too. 

We're just too soft in the middle of the park. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To be fair I'd like a player like that in our team. I'm pretty sure that's exactly the type of guy the Aberdeen fans are looking for too. 

We're just too soft in the middle of the park. 

I agree, sort of guy you love if he's in your team.

Although even in games where I'm wanting Celtic to win ( :lol: ) or for Scotland I get a bit frustrated at him swaggering about admiring his latest act of snideness rather than getting on with the game.

Edited by sbcmfc

Canny get enough of this Hibsing it from the Hibees.  Commons goal was a stormer.  Sets up Friday nights game nicely.  Looking like 18k plus attendance with the Arabs apparently now selling top tier of the North (away) stand. 

2 hours ago, giblet said:

Canny get enough of this Hibsing it from the Hibees.  Commons goal was a stormer.  Sets up Friday nights game nicely.  Looking like 18k plus attendance with the Arabs apparently now selling top tier of the North (away) stand. 

Already sold out our initial allocation of 1000 with a further 900 now on sale. 

Should be a cracker! ??

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Already sold out our initial allocation of 1000 with a further 900 now on sale. 

Should be a cracker! ??

Is it easy to get tickets if you are not a member of either fans club?

3 hours ago, giblet said:

Brilliant stuff, although it's pish how our broadcasters have treated the Championship since last season in comparison. They've missed out imo

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I agree, sort of guy you love if he's in your team.

Although even in games where I'm wanting Celtic to win ( :lol: ) or for Scotland I get a bit frustrated at him swaggering about admiring his latest act of snideness rather than getting on with the game.

I know what you mean but you'd still put up with his guff because he produces more often than not. 

22 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Is it easy to get tickets if you are not a member of either fans club?

planning a celebration on the pitch? :lol:

Dont think its a CAT A game, so should be able to buy if registered on HIbs site.