This Weekends Games - Page 73 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Morton could install a safe standing bit in their away end you would think. 

This is what I don't understand. It has nothing whatsoever to do with safety. Morton could draw Rangers or Celtic in the Scottish Cup and have a sell out game using their current terracing and it would be deemed safe. But if they were to get promoted then it would then be deemed unsafe to play the same teams with the exact same fans at the game. :huh:

It annoyed me when Caley first got promoted and you couldn't have terracing due to safety reasons, you also had the 10,000 seater stadium nonsense back then. We had sell out games in the cup and league against many different teams over the years with the terracing and it was perfectly safe and ok to do it then. Change the competition or the division and it suddenly beomes a safety reason.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I think Rangers fans seem to confuse having endless possession with playing well.

Teams are happy to let Rangers have possession as they do nothing with it.

I didn't say we played well, I said we were by far the better team. 

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I didn't say we played well, I said we were by far the better team. 

Certainly in the last half hour.

The lack of fitness/stamina in the Motherwell squad is a real worry! That was our real strength under McGhee 1st time round.

Am I the only person on the planet who thought MacDonald's red was extremely harsh. He miscontrolled the ball and lunged to try and win it back and mistimed his tackle by a split second. His foot wasn't high. I admit it would have been a sore one for Miller but was never a red. 

I couldn't believe it when the commentators and studio guests said Collum got it spot on. To me he was just doing what so many refs do. Evening up an earlier decision. 

Think someone said earlier that MacDonald's tackle was the same as Kiernan's. It was identical. A booking. No more.

13 minutes ago, Marky said:

Think someone said earlier that MacDonald's tackle was the same as Kiernan's. It was identical. A booking. No more.

The only difference was Hammell got out the way.

At first I thought Mcdonald red was harsh, but the more I see it the worse it looks.

36 minutes ago, Marky said:

Am I the only person on the planet who thought MacDonald's red was extremely harsh. He miscontrolled the ball and lunged to try and win it back and mistimed his tackle by a split second. His foot wasn't high. I admit it would have been a sore one for Miller but was never a red. 

I couldn't believe it when the commentators and studio guests said Collum got it spot on. To me he was just doing what so many refs do. Evening up an earlier decision. 

No you aren't.

There was nothing wrong with either O'Halloran or McDonald's challenges. Meaty certainly, but neither worthy of anything other than a fingerwagging in my view.

Collum and Craig Thomson should never be let near a football park again. Pricks who think they are the reason the game exists.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

No you aren't.

There was nothing wrong with either O'Halloran or McDonald's challenges. Meaty certainly, but neither worthy of anything other than a fingerwagging in my view.

Collum and Craig Thomson should never be let near a football park again. Pricks who think they are the reason the game exists.

I agree with you in principle but the diffference for me was that (whether I agree or not) I would expect O'Halloran's to be a red in modern football. I just don't get how MavDonald's was and I'm convinced that if he hadn't already sent O'Halloran off, there is no war he'd have given MacDonald a red.

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

To be fair to O'halloran, it was just clumsy rather than malicious, but it was nearly waist high with studs showing.

Oh aye there was no malice or intent in it at all, but it's a red every time these days.

MacDonald was just a late tackle. Booking maximum

Edited by Marky

7 hours ago, Marky said:

Oh aye there was no malice or intent in it at all, but it's a red every time these days.

MacDonald was just a late tackle. Booking maximum

MacDonald connected fully with his studs on Millers lower leg. Made no attempt to pull away. Definite red.

Edited by EddardStark

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

MacDonald connected fully with his studs on Millers lower leg. Made no attempt to pull away. Definite red.

This.  Mcdonald deserved the red as it was a studs showing tackle with his foot off the ground. Very dangerous and I was surprised Miller managed to continue. 

O'Hallorans was worse. I don't agree about the lack of malice. He didn't stamp down into the other lads leg but he knew what he was doing. Fortunately with modern boots you're less likely to be cut by a tackle like that but it was a stupid tackle and cannot be just put down to being clumsy. 

Mcdonald's challenge was border line imo. He wasn't high and there wasn't that much force in it. It was clumsy and late, with his studs showing. 

In the context of yesterday's game though, with one side already down to 10 men, the referee is always going to send him off there. 

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Maybe a fan of Henrik Ojamaa?...

I'd forgotten about him. ?

Nah,  only Celtic fans are that obsessed about us. 

Interestingly I don't remember seeing the Kiernan challenge on the highlights on YouTube. So either it wasn't that bad or it's a conspiracy. Or just keech editing. 

The radio commentary did say it was a bad challenge and could have been a red. 

12 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

No you aren't.

Are you on of these folk that think the games gone soft and isn't a mans game anymore?