This Weekends Games - Page 74 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First goal was a corner at least to Hearts - Bobby Madman calls it a bye and Celtic score .Hearts dont take chance to equalise Celtic score second game over - .hopefully our new players will add some steel  to the defence . Souttar needs some time out .

Gordons play acting = embarrassment 

56 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Hard to believe that there were some on here recently touting Souttar for an international cap.

He's a disaster. Makes Ash Taylor look like Kaiser Frank.

A discussion/debate I've been having with a lot of Hearts fans for weeks. Some somehow seem convinced he's the new Hansen or Miller, destined to play in the EPL and gain 50+ caps. He can't head a ball, his distribution is poor, and he makes mistakes (he gifted a goal to Raith on Wednesday night). I hope his injury isn't serious but he needed dropping anyway.

8 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Starting to look like its between Rangers and Aberdeen for second position. Hearts really need to beat us on Wed to get back in the hunt.

I suspect if you looked at a 'form' table since we beat Rangers at Tynecastle we are just about the worst in the league. 4-0 was shot 'par' today, it could very easily have been worse. Cathro has made huge changes to the squad in a very short time (looks like 2 or 3 more between now and Wednesday, including Goncalvez), and I think we'll come out of it with a stronger squad of players, but at the moment we are pretty awful. 

I don't get all this hype for 2nd place. Surely its not that big a deal as 2nd and 3rd get the same prize of Europe.Dons and Gers have virtually booked their European places.

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

I suspect if you looked at a 'form' table since we beat Rangers at Tynecastle we are just about the worst in the league. 4-0 was shot 'par' today, it could very easily have been worse. Cathro has made huge changes to the squad in a very short time (looks like 2 or 3 more between now and Wednesday, including Goncalvez), and I think we'll come out of it with a stronger squad of players, but at the moment we are pretty awful. 

Not sure if it's been more than 6 since that game?

14xlzl0.png

Taken from http://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland.

59 minutes ago, Doric said:

I don't get all this hype for 2nd place. Surely its not that big a deal as 2nd and 3rd get the same prize of Europe.Dons and Gers have virtually booked their European places.

Extra fortnight off(I think? Enter a round later for finishing 2nd?) and a bit of extra cash.

Edited by Stewart_Aberdeen

On 04/01/2017 at 3:27 PM, Squirrelhumper said:
39 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Extra fortnight off(I think? Enter a round later for finishing 2nd?) and a bit of extra cash.

apparently we have slipped to 25th in the club coefficient so both league teams and cup winner into the first qualifying round.

What a sad state of affairs

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Which means starting on 29/6/17.

So 33 days after the Scottish cup final...

Tough run of games coming up for Motherwell. Fearing the worst as our midfield is chronic.

That american boy seemed pretty good yesterday for rangers whereas we continue to press on with Craig 'blowing out his arse after 50 mins' Clay 

46 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

So 33 days after the Scottish cup final...

Tough run of games coming up for Motherwell. Fearing the worst as our midfield is chronic.

That american boy seemed pretty good yesterday for rangers whereas we continue to press on with Craig 'blowing out his arse after 50 mins' Clay 

100% pass rate. Which merited him a '7' in this mornings papers:lol: 

In all honesty, I think it would have been different game had McDonald stayed on his feet.

12 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

100% pass rate. Which merited him a '7' in this mornings papers:lol: 

In all honesty, I think it would have been different game had McDonald stayed on his feet.

Agreed we'd have scored before fecking it up :lol:

Misses a sitter and gets sent off minutes later. Typical 

Great result for the tims the day. It's difficult to explain quite how bad Hearts actually are, it's quite clear the players have bought into the nonsense about Cathro, they've no interest in playing for a guy who is obviously different from the up and atom crowd. The atmosphere in the last 30 - 35 mins was one of the best at sellik park in years, that extra cash for the standing section has paid for it's self 10 times over, it's a pleasure to stand there and watch that team rip scotlands premier league a new arsehole every week, what a time to be alive.

3 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Kieran tierney already is a star.

Hes the most intelligent scottish footballer in the last 10 to 15 years. Every time he gets to the byline he actually lifts his head up and looks at what is available and picks someone out. 

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Great result for the tims the day. It's difficult to explain quite how bad Hearts actually are, it's quite clear the players have bought into the nonsense about Cathro, they've no interest in playing for a guy who is obviously different from the up and atom crowd. The atmosphere in the last 30 - 35 mins was one of the best at sellik park in years, that extra cash for the standing section has paid for it's self 10 times over, it's a pleasure to stand there and watch that team rip scotlands premier league a new arsehole every week, what a time to be alive.

250?cb=20130529195056

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, Parklife said:

By feck Motherwell really are a bunch of useless shithouses. Twice in a week they've thrown away a win vs Rangers. 

Totally agree with you bunch of shitbags!! doesnt help when the manager is a too!!

Interesting midweek fixtures with 6-12 all seperated by 6 points and only 2 points between 6th and 10th.

Also, who the f... comes up with

Celtic v Aberdeen (300 miles)

ross county v Motherwell (370 miles)

Hamilton v Inverness (344 miles)

Patrick thistle v stjohnstone (130 miles)

as a set of midweek fixtures.

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc

Guest BlueGaz
14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Interesting midweek fixtures with 6-12 all seperated by 6 points and only 2 points between 6th and 10th.

Been thinking about the travelling mid-week for a while now.  I think any distant travel game should be a weekend, apart from Aberdeen away.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Dundee-Killie was scheduled too but it's been moved to Scottish Cup weekend as we're both out.