This Weekends Games - Page 77 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

On the way up to Aberdeen yesterday listening to the radio McGhee was asked if he was playing a 3, 4, 3 formation. He replied  "no it's more a three, four and a half, two and a half formation" WTF is that????

There's only a 50/50 chance that Ainsworth will turn up, maybe that's where the 1/2 comes in?

:lol:

Dallas did get most calls right to be fair, although Martin was lucky to only get a booking for this cynical trip....

Edited by sbcmfc

4 hours ago, neil r said:

To be honest there was an inevitability that one of them would walk yesterday. It was obvious to everyone except perhaps McGhee and sbcmfc.

That makes no sense at all, there wasn't a bad challenge in the game yesterday, which is surprising, as Hearts are normally quite a physical and cynical side.

51 minutes ago, Ormond said:

What really is the point in turning up for games against the big two? Levein was right years back with United at Ibrox. It's been happening for a hundred years. It's not going to stop now. If I was an Old-firm fan I'd be absolutely embarrassed by how blatant it is. 

With your recent record against Rangers, that statement just comes across as paranoia for the sake of paranoia.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Was never a penalty, but I can see how he might've thought it was on his 1st (and only) viewing.

Although even if it had struck his arm, it would still have been harsh.

Wasn't just that. How the hell can Brown bring a man down inside the box with no connection to the ball and it not be a penalty?

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Was never a penalty, but I can see how he might've thought it was on his 1st (and only) viewing.

Although even if it had struck his arm, it would still have been harsh.

I honestly don't see how he could have thought it was a penalty under any circumstances. His arm was by his side and even if the ball had struck it directly, it should not have been a penalty. Thomson guessed and made a complete arse of it. He's a horrible referee.

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Rodgers admitting Celtic were lucky. Good on him showing a wee bit of class.

He won't be manager of Celtic for much longer if that's the kind of nonsense he's going to come out with.

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

We were lucky. Neither was the one St J called for a minute earlier.

Even after chilling out a little, I've watched the two big penalty shouts for Saints. Both huge calls. The foul on Swanson was as stonewall a penalty as you'll ever see. Brown cheating again. It was the same at Parkhead a week ago when he did the same in the box against Anderson. 

If Thomson wasn't so biased today, it would well have been Saints 3-1 up instead of 2-2. Nothing will ever change against the Old-firm. 

39 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Even after chilling out a little, I've watched the two big penalty shouts for Saints. Both huge calls. The foul on Swanson was as stonewall a penalty as you'll ever see. Brown cheating again. It was the same at Parkhead a week ago when he did the same in the box against Anderson. 

If Thomson wasn't so biased today, it would well have been Saints 3-1 up instead of 2-2. Nothing will ever change against the Old-firm. 

I agree that the Brown tackle in the box should have been judged illegal, but for the life of me I can't understand why that makes him a cheat.

And the penalty Celtic got was an embarrassing decision.

Just now, Flure said:

I agree that the Brown tackle in the box should have been judged illegal, but for the life of me I can't understand why that makes him a cheat.

And the penalty Celtic got was an embarrassing decision.

Deliberately pulling down Anderson for a penalty we should've had at Parkhead a week ago makes him a cheat.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Are you still greetin FFS............