This Weekends Games - Page 80 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

6 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I think that unless you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of every poor refereeing decision over whatever period of time your random comment is meant to cover the I would say that's just made up. And if you do have said encyclopaedic knowledge then that's even more worrying.

All teams get and receive poor decision and that's down to the poor standard of our refs. The most recent are freshest in the memory. And I would also suggest that the teams who are most dominant in games i.e. doing the majority of the attacking, will be involved in the majority of the poor decisions.....both for and against.

I don't think a bad decision has anything to do either having the ball or not. I'm not taking purely about penalty awards. I believe it's purely pressure and fear of "recourse."  I don't think there's any cheating or deliberate bias, but it's in likely a referee is going to receive the same level of grief for getting a decision wrong against a smaller team. Human nature. 

This "benefit" isn't exclusive to Celtic - same happens down south. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I detest both Victim FC and the huns, it's only reasonable to point out that one of the most ridiculously laughable decisions in recent years was Steven McLean's inability to award Celtic a penalty in the semi-final against ICT. 

It was actually to Ronny Deila's credit that he didn't scream for a month long candlelight vigil, because Celtic were well and truly shafted in that game.

Steven McLean's 'punishment' ? A cup final a year later, more high profile UEFA games, and a tighter shirt to show off his biceps as the poster boy for the SFA's referee recruitment campaign.

Go figure.

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Maybe the Hearts guy did trip him up by using some kind of telekinetic power, have we considered that?

Or maybe the easy answer is just to not allow people to referee while drunk?

It's pretty mental they can't rescind that.

Surely that could be done under the mistaken identity umbrella.

I kind of get why you can't appeal yellow cards (there would be 20 appeals every Monday morning), but the most extreme cases like this have to be looked at.

14 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's pretty mental they can't rescind that.

Surely that could be done under the mistaken identity umbrella.

I kind of get why you can't appeal yellow cards (there would be 20 appeals every Monday morning), but the most extreme cases like this have to be looked at.

Serves him right. You could tell from the off that it was only a matter of time before he got a booking

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Listening to Off The Ball there, Motherwell 33-1 at Parkhead today! :shocked:

Massive price for a team in the same league, sutton (at home) are "only" 16s against arsenal on Monday and they are 4 leagues below them, Scottish football must change!

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Hearts miss a penalty (preventing them from pulling within 3 points of third).

Another Jamie Walker penalty miss, time for someone else to take them.

And as for Jack Hamilton, how he gets in the Scotland squad is beyond me!!! An accident waiting to happen. We really need a new keeper in the summer. 

4 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

And as for Jack Hamilton, how he gets in the Scotland squad is beyond me!!! An accident waiting to happen. We really need a new keeper in the summer. 

His confidence is shot. You can see the defence infront of him have no confidence in him. Id rather see them launch the ball out for a corner than risk a pass back to him but that said he flaps too much at corners. 

3 times today at least he got away by the skin if his teeth. He's turning into a total bombscare.

Edited by neil r

6 minutes ago, neil r said:

His confidence is shot. You can see the defence infront of him have no confidence in him. Id rather see them launch the ball out for a corner than risk a pass back to him but that said he flaps too much at corners. 

3 times today at least he got away by the skin if his teeth. He's turning into a total bombscare.

I'm no a Hearts fan but was at Tynie today. The fans were on his back from the off. There was a collective holding of breath every time the ball was with him. No wonder his confidence is shot. 

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

Massive price for a team in the same league, sutton (at home) are "only" 16s against arsenal on Monday and they are 4 leagues below them, Scottish football must change!

Don't start that again!   I've already lost a whole day at work trying to appeal to Celtic fans' sense of the great good!

20 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I'm no a Hearts fan but was at Tynie today. The fans were on his back from the off. There was a collective holding of breath every time the ball was with him. No wonder his confidence is shot. 

Aye the supporters dont help the boy but then for long enough the supporters gave him the benefit of the doubt. We were told he's young, he's learning, he'll come on etc. 

Fact is if Levein and Neilson hadnt fcked up at the start if the season with the goalkeeping position Hamilton would have been farmed out, learning his trade and taking the knocks at a level more suited to his experience and needs.

It's not hus fault but theres a real call for him now to be dropped. 

There's a reason for that collective holding of breath.

Edited by neil r