This Weekends Games - Page 85 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Cannae believe there's been no mention of the mighty Murn trouncing TNS in their international cup semi today. 

I trust the final will unusually be played on the Saturday given that Scotland play Slovenia on the Sunday?

Then again, I wouldn't put anything past the Scottish football authorities. 

Played in Perth?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Gutted with that today. Threw it away. Good booze with dons before and after the game in the Brass though. 

Thought Killie did what they set out to do very well.

Not a great deal of attacking intent, but they were organised and efficient. Aberdeen had loads of possession but simply couldn't create any real chances due to Killie loading their box and stifling McGinn and Hayes.

I wouldn't have complained about a draw. The substitutions (from both sides) changed the game.

54 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Thought Killie did what they set out to do very well.

Not a great deal of attacking intent, but they were organised and efficient. Aberdeen had loads of possession but simply couldn't create any real chances due to Killie loading their box and stifling McGinn and Hayes.

I wouldn't have complained about a draw. The substitutions (from both sides) changed the game.

To be fair, i think our subs had more to do with how the game went than anything. Baffling bringing that diddy on when Scott Boyd was sitting on the bench. Dicker/Ajer were playing excellently together at CH. When Smith went off we should have swapped like for like and put on Wilson as a direct replacement. Addison is a complete and utter bombscare.

Fine margins i suppose. Aberdeen can snatch a win from the defeat and we can snatch defeat from victory. Suppose that's why you are  2nd and we're fighting relegation. 

Looking forward to Perth on saturday but missing Dicker & McKenzie which means i think the bombscare will be playing at the back! 

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They should be more worried about Hearts catching them.

17 minutes ago, adamntg said:

It's not really a cup final, is it? 

Not a major one, but it's still got the potential to draw out the day trippers (48,000 at last year's).  Although reading the thread on P&B it's rumoured to be getting played on the Friday night...

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Would be better on a grass pitch.

...and at Firhill :blink: 

Edited by Toepoke

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Lindsay is an absolute rabid currant bun. 

A right bitter one at that.

What do folk reckon will be the attendance for the cup final, I reckon St Mirren take at least 4500 and Utd 6500 so St Johnstone's stadium should be enough, if not next biggest stadium would be Tynecastle which holds 17,000 but would they both sell it out?

16 minutes ago, Geed said:

What do folk reckon will be the attendance for the cup final, I reckon St Mirren take at least 4500 and Utd 6500 so St Johnstone's stadium should be enough, if not next biggest stadium would be Tynecastle which holds 17,000 but would they both sell it out?

I don't think United will take many.  There were maybe 400 at Palmerston on Sat, 250 of whom were paralytic.  Per capita perhaps the drunkest support I've had the misfortune to be among. 

Worse than Saturday Scotland games.  

5 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I don't think United will take many.  There were maybe 400 at Palmerston on Sat, 250 of whom were paralytic.  Per capita perhaps the drunkest support I've had the misfortune to be among. 

Worse than Saturday Scotland games.  

Still a cup final though, trophy to play for and a day out, would hope with size of Utd and St Mirren's support there will be decent crowd there.  Might be best chance of silverware for both clubs for a while, you never know when next chance be of winning something.  Been 26 years since Motherwell won anything, would be up for the cup final if they were in it.

Actually think it will be a cracking cup final, would rather watch it than this sunday's league cup final between Manure and Southampton

Edited by Geed

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Not a major one, but it's still got the potential to draw out the day trippers (48,000 at last year's).  Although reading the thread on P&B it's rumoured to be getting played on the Friday night...

...and at Firhill :blink: 

Our pitch looked quite bad on Saturday.    Cathro has a pre-made excuse for Hearts' next game though, so not all bad. :P 

The Thistle v QoS challenge cup final at Almondvale was great entertainment...  missed penalty in the last minute of extra time, a sending off immediately afterwards for a headbutt then Thistle equalising in the 2nd minute of injury time.    Was a good day out even though we lost it on penalties. 

Edited by OLAS

8 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

How many minutes has Christie played for Aberdeen? I'd wager not that many as to have been the deciding factor in the fight for second place in a season which still has 3 months to go.