This Weekends Games - Page 86 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

3 hours ago, Geed said:

What do folk reckon will be the attendance for the cup final, I reckon St Mirren take at least 4500 and Utd 6500 so St Johnstone's stadium should be enough, if not next biggest stadium would be Tynecastle which holds 17,000 but would they both sell it out?

That counts out Perth then. ;)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 19/02/2017 at 3:28 PM, dandydunn said:

Coming from a fan who's team were parading over a pitch with a flag as they reached the challenge cup final :lol:

I've just had this explained to me.  Irn Bru send a couple of guys from the winners back out with a "we're in the final" flag once everyone's gone home.  Haven't seen the pictures myself but I'm reliably informed that Sean Dillon ("number 2" - you must be an avid football fan if you don't recognise Dundee United's captain who's in his testimonial year) looked none too impressed.  

Why would he - he has a Scottish Cup winners medal, unlike any Aberdeen players still playing....

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

I've just had this explained to me.  Irn Bru send a couple of guys from the winners back out with a "we're in the final" flag once everyone's gone home.  Haven't seen the pictures myself but I'm reliably informed that Sean Dillon ("number 2" - you must be an avid football fan if you don't recognise Dundee United's captain who's in his testimonial year) looked none too impressed.  

Why would he - he has a Scottish Cup winners medal, unlike any Aberdeen players still playing....

Shinnie-cup.jpg

He's one of our own.

53 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I'm not a football fan because I don't know what the Dundee Utd number 2 is called :rollsmile:

Ive heard it all now :lol:

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I'm not that bad. 

Its The National Diddy Championship. 

I believe they're favourites to win it next season. 

Depends who gets relegated to be honest.  Wouldn't fancy us against ICT, Motherwell or Ross County next year.  

I still say that if you don't know who Sean Dillon is, well, that's the kind of ignorance I'd expect from an Old Firm fan. Do you know any players who don't play for the "famous"?

Edited by adamntg

26 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Depends who gets relegated to be honest.  Wouldn't fancy us against ICT, Motherwell or Ross County next year.  

I still say that if you don't know who Sean Dillon is, well, that's the kind of ignorance I'd expect from an Old Firm fan. Do you know any players who don't play for the "famous"?

Motherwell??? As if. Behave man! 

Top 6 on Saturday evening after the 4-0 pumping of Dundee. 

26 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I kind of agree, if you follow Scottish football and don't know who Sean Dillon is, I'd presume you were an old firm fan. I always credit non old firm fans with a bit more knowledge outside their own team.

I'm pretty sure Dandy knows who he is. He's taking the pish. :)

Guest faircity

The fact that  Sean Dillon has reached a testimonial year is a sad indictment on Dundee United, the guy is Tom Kite and always has been. He actually has got quicker as the years have gone by and is now ranked somewhere alongside Sammy the exceedingly slow and slimy snail in terms of pace. 

Bad crack when someone like that is able to make a living out of the same club for so long. He is reeking. 

6 hours ago, faircity said:

The fact that  Sean Dillon has reached a testimonial year is a sad indictment on Dundee United, the guy is Tom Kite and always has been. He actually has got quicker as the years have gone by and is now ranked somewhere alongside Sammy the exceedingly slow and slimy snail in terms of pace. 

Bad crack when someone like that is able to make a living out of the same club for so long. He is reeking. 

Perhaps, although he hasn't been a regular for four or five years though.  He's limited, but no more so than Paul Paton, Stephen Anderson, Andrew Considine, Jamie Hamill and myriad other journeymen who've made decent careers for themselves. 

For the first eight years of Dillon's spell at the club they were never out of the top six and he was part - not a flashy part I grant you - of the best United team since the 80s or early 90s.  I did wonder when he got his last contract extension, but maybe there's still room for loyalty from clubs and players alike these days.

9 hours ago, adamntg said:

I hope its Kilmarnock you are up against and I'd hope United would beat them. 

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

I'm pretty sure Dandy knows who he is. He's taking the pish. :)

He's not

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I kind of agree, if you follow Scottish football and don't know who Sean Dillon is, I'd presume you were an old firm fan. I always credit non old firm fans with a bit more knowledge outside their own team.

I follow Aberdeen,I recognise plenty players,the captain of a team the league below us is certainly not one of them. 

47 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Perhaps, although he hasn't been a regular for four or five years though.  He's limited, but no more so than Paul Paton, Stephen Anderson, Andrew Considine, Jamie Hamill and myriad other journeymen who've made decent careers for themselves. 

For the first eight years of Dillon's spell at the club they were never out of the top six and he was part - not a flashy part I grant you - of the best United team since the 80s or early 90s.  I did wonder when he got his last contract extension, but maybe there's still room for loyalty from clubs and players alike these days.

Now you're telling me he hasn't been a regular for the last 4 or 5 years,I'm meant to know a limited player,that doesn't play every week,in a shite defence. 

Give me strength,just accept you're team aren't important enough for anyone to give a fvck about anymore. 

37 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

He's not

I follow Aberdeen,I recognise plenty players,the captain of a team the league below us is certainly not one of them. 

Now you're telling me he hasn't been a regular for the last 4 or 5 years,I'm meant to know a limited player,that doesn't play every week,in a shite defence. 

Give me strength,just accept you're team aren't important enough for anyone to give a fvck about anymore. 

Would you recognise any of the following :

Jon Daly, Johnny Russell, Willo Flood, Craig Conway, Ryan Gauld, Stuart Armstrong, Gavin Gunning, Gary Mackay-Steven, David Goodwillie, John Rankin?  Because Dillon would've played over 100 games with most of them.  

Curious as to why you would be specifically Dillo-blind....

Daly-Maybe

Russell-Covered in tattoos 

Flood-Played for the famous,nuff said

Conway-Probably not

Gauld-Just have to check Mark Reynolds back pocket and I'll recognise him

Armstrong-Yes

Gunning-Possibly

GMS-Yes

Goodwillie- scumbag to good guy to scumbag

Rankin-Squiggly shot

But as I doubt any of them were in the picture,that would be why they weren't mentioned in anything I said and the man actually in the shot was mentioned. 

In case of any doubt,I also have no idea who the other guy is,so if you've mentioned it already,I do apologise. 

Edited by dandydunn