This Weekends Games - Page 87 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

10 hours ago, adamntg said:

Depends who gets relegated to be honest.  Wouldn't fancy us against ICT, Motherwell or Ross County next year.  

I still say that if you don't know who Sean Dillon is, well, that's the kind of ignorance I'd expect from an Old Firm fan. Do you know any players who don't play for the "famous"?

Yeah. Agreed to be honest. 

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I kind of agree, if you follow Scottish football and don't know who Sean Dillon is, I'd presume you were an old firm fan. I always credit non old firm fans with a bit more knowledge outside their own team.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Daly-Maybe

Russell-Covered in tattoos 

Flood-Played for the famous,nuff said

Conway-Probably not

Gauld-Just have to check Mark Reynolds back pocket and I'll recognise him

Armstrong-Yes

Gunning-Possibly

GMS-Yes

Goodwillie- scumbag to good guy to scumbag

Rankin-Squiggly shot

But as I doubt any of them were in the picture,that would be why they weren't mentioned in anything I said and the man actually in the shot was mentioned. 

In case of any doubt,I also have no idea who the other guy is,so if you've mentioned it already,I do apologise. 

You have no idea who Sean Dillon is? Bit strange. Have you even heard of him? 

29 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Would you recognise any of the following :

Jon Daly, Johnny Russell, Willo Flood, Craig Conway, Ryan Gauld, Stuart Armstrong, Gavin Gunning, Gary Mackay-Steven, David Goodwillie, John Rankin?  Because Dillon would've played over 100 games with most of them.  

Curious as to why you would be specifically Dillo-blind....

Probably because most of them have moved on to bigger and better things while Dillon is still at United.  I've heard of him but I couldn't pick him out in a crowd however I reckon I could say the same about 80% of SPFL players.  I seen a picture of an apparent Celtic first teamer the other day and I've still no idea who it was!!

13 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

You have no idea who Sean Dillon is? Bit strange. Have you even heard of him? 

I know who he is,however,I couldn't pick him out in a line up. That was more why I said I had no idea who it was. Apologies that I don't recognise every player to play in the spfl the last 10 years,I have a life to lead and the other teams certainly don't rank high up in my priorities of doing that,in fact,it's pretty low down in what I would want to know about  

I assume I can pick out random players from Hamilton,Partick and the likes and you will know exactly who they are?

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Probably because most of them have moved on to bigger and better things while Dillon is still at United.  I've heard of him but I couldn't pick him out in a crowd however I reckon I could say the same about 80% of SPFL players.  I seen a picture of an apparent Celtic first teamer the other day and I've still no idea who it was!!

But you're a rangers fan,that sort of ignorance is expected of you. 

Theres some utter nonsense posted on here on a daily basis and this conversation is right up there :lol:

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I know who he is,however,I couldn't pick him out in a line up. That was more why I said I had no idea who it was. Apologies that I don't recognise every player to play in the spfl the last 10 years,I have a life to lead and the other teams certainly don't rank high up in my priorities of doing that,in fact,it's pretty low down in what I would want to know about  

I assume I can pick out random players from Hamilton,Partick and the likes and you will know exactly who they are?

Mate we have had dozens of random players through our club particularly in recent years but to say you hadn't heard of our club captain who has been at utd since 2007 and has nearly 300 appearances for us is a bit bizarre. Particularly if you claim to follow Scottish football.

But given how you love to slag utd at most opportunities, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are being deliberately obtuse and are at the wind up.

9 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Mate we have had dozens of random players through our club particularly in recent years but to say you hadn't heard of our club captain who has been at utd since 2007 and has nearly 300 appearances for us is a bit bizarre. Particularly if you claim to follow Scottish football.

But given how you love to slag utd at most opportunities, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are being deliberately obtuse and are at the wind up.

Except I didn't say I hadn't heard of him,that part you just seem to have made up. 

What I did actually say is I didn't know who the number 2 was,he's obviously the captain,he has the armband on. 

The rest of it has just been made up because I don't recognise him. 

I accept your apologies and will graciously take a pint off you in a season or two and it'll all be forgotten about. 

I'm the meantime,you should maybe reflect on how silly you look as you jumped in without actually reading what I said. 

Incidently,without googling,what numbers are worn by Peter Pawlett,Jayden Shockley,Miles Storey and Andrew Considine?

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Except I didn't say I hadn't heard of him,that part you just seem to have made up. 

What I did actually say is I didn't know who the number 2 was,he's obviously the captain,he has the armband on. 

The rest of it has just been made up because I don't recognise him. 

I accept your apologies and will graciously take a pint off you in a season or two and it'll all be forgotten about. 

I'm the meantime,you should maybe reflect on how silly you look as you jumped in without actually reading what I said. 

Incidently,without googling,what numbers are worn by Peter Pawlett,Jayden Shockley,Miles Storey and Andrew Considine?

Ah ok so I missed some of that - so you do know who he is and you were at the wind up. Ok. 

Others on here also took your meaning as you didn't know who he was so no, I don't feel too silly. Happy to buy you a pint over a discussion of which utd and Aberdeen players we can't recognise any time! Given utds  turnover lately though that might be a bit unfair on you!! :lol:

Re the Aberdeen players - no idea re numbers so point accepted on that.

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I don't know their squad numbers, but I'd be able to recognise them all except maybe stockley.

6 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Ah ok so I missed some of that - so you do know who he is and you were at the wind up. Ok. 

Others on here also took your meaning as you didn't know who he was so no, I don't feel too silly. Happy to buy you a pint over a discussion of which utd and Aberdeen players we can't recognise any time! Given utds  turnover lately though that might be a bit unfair on you!! :lol:

Re the Aberdeen players - no idea re numbers so point accepted on that.

Deal

But I wasn't on the wind up,I didn't know who it was,although I have heard of him. 

Thats 2 completely different things. 

Mine is a kingpin,thanks.