This Weekends Games - Page 89 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I hope its Kilmarnock you are up against and I'd hope United would beat them. 

Ordinarily, yes. Not now though. The DAB's can stay put, or fall further for me!

The support is full of W@nkers too. Look no further than Adam for confirmation, that boy can shoot his load 4 times in the one sentence FFS! 

28 minutes ago, Redz said:

Ordinarily, yes. Not now though. The DAB's can stay put, or fall further for me!

The support is full of W@nkers too. Look no further than Adam for confirmation, that boy can shoot his load 4 times in the one sentence FFS! 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Redz said:

I always liked you as well.  

So much so.... whoops!  There I go again....

11 hours ago, Marky said:

Meh. One ridiculously rich team beat a very rich team. Also another very rich team beat a rich team.

Thrilling!!

Completely agree.  Absolute p1sh.  

Would much rather be watching Hibs v Hearts tonight.  However, we are not permitted to and instead can only watch the CL.  Feck that.  Football is dead.

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Completely agree.  Absolute p1sh.  

Would much rather be watching Hibs v Hearts tonight.  However, we are not permitted to and instead can only watch the CL.  Feck that.  Football is dead.

We can't watch Hibs v Hearts because a couple of supremely rich superclubs are playing somewhere?  feck that

38 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

If you didn't enjoy City 5-3 Monaco then I'd suggest you don't really enjoy football as a spectacle to be honest. 

However I'd agree on the Hibs hearts thing. I'd rather be watching it that Seville v Leicester.

The European super clubs are dull dull dull.  I don't doubt that any game that ends 5-3 is gonna be good though. 

On 2/21/2017 at 1:08 AM, adamntg said:

Perhaps, although he hasn't been a regular for four or five years though.  He's limited, but no more so than Paul Paton, Stephen Anderson, Andrew Considine, Jamie Hamill and myriad other journeymen who've made decent careers for themselves. 

Steven Anderson the consistent performer in a continual top 6 side in the country year after year after year. Testimonial player for Saints and a Scottish cup winner. Some journeyman.

Adam's hatred for the regular top team in Tayside continues. :lol:

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

Steven Anderson the consistent performer in a continual top 6 side in the country year after year after year. Testimonial player for Saints and a Scottish cup winner. Some journeyman.

Adam's hatred for the regular top team in Tayside continues. :lol:

What did I say negative about Steven Anderson?  I was merely comparing him to Sean Dillon, eight consecutive top 6 finishes, testimonial player and a Scottish Cup winner.  I would say they're both journeymen, but that's no slight. They're no fancy dans or likely to get multi-million pound moves to Celtic or the EPL, but every club needs them. 

Anderson even scored against us in the cup final after we released him, the bstard. 

Edited by adamntg

Also, there seems to be a real trend on here suggesting what I hate.  I *hate* Aberdeen, I *hate* St Johnstone etc. 

Football is basically a kids game. I enjoy it, am fairly obsessed in following it, but I also recognise what it is.  It's just a game. Chill out, we're all into the same thing, just pledging our allegiance to a different set of coloured shirts. I love you all.  

*except St Mirren obviously.  

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Also, there seems to be a real trend on here suggesting what I hate.  I *hate* Aberdeen, I *hate* St Johnstone etc. 

Football is basically a kids game. I enjoy it, am fairly obsessed in following it, but I also recognise what it is.  It's just a game. Chill out, we're all into the same thing, just pledging our allegiance to a different set of coloured shirts. I love you all.  

A lot of your posts also suggest you hate Dundee United.

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

It's the natural defence of most posters on here to suggest you hate a team if you say they're wonderful of world beaters because they're doing OK. 

Mostly Aberdeen fans who seem to want to be loved though. ?

19 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's the natural defence of most posters on here to suggest you hate a team if you say they're wonderful of world beaters because they're doing OK. 

Mostly Aberdeen fans who seem to want to be loved though. ?

It is good sport to make a mildly negative comment about Aberdeen then leave for a few hours and see how many notifications you have when come back to the board.  I call it the Outraged Sheep Sweep - my record is currently five. :) 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

It is good sport to make a mildly negative comment about Aberdeen then leave for a few hours and see how many notifications you have when come back to the board.  I call it the Outraged Sheep Sweep - my record is currently five. :) 

? I don't think I can beat that. 

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

Remind me again why you "hate" St. Mirren Adam. Was it just the pain of '87?

Edited by Marky

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

I also hate Hibs for not giving us the ball back in stoppage time after Utd had put it out to allow Matthias Jack to get treatment on a non-existent injury in 2001, and promptly scored from the throw.  It's a mild, kind hate though.  

Of the 42 SPFL teams, I think the only one I don't hate is Edinburgh City.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

? I don't think I can beat that. 

Och aye ye can. Try telling them they should've been relegated that season they finished dead last and if they had but an ounce of dignity they would carry themselves with a little less hubris for time ever more. That'll get them.