This Weekends Games - Page 91 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Ormond said:

We'll never know what would've happened in the final. I remember the semi. I was there. Although, more I remember the day out as I was young.

Coulda woulda shoulda. No danger were the Rubber Johnnies gonna win that day.  They weren't even close to being nearly as remotely good as United in 1991.  United were great - Malpas, Bowman, McInally, McKinally, Dailly, Dave Narey, Big Duncan Ferguson.  United were class.  

Edited by adamntg

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

Coulda woulda shoulda. No danger were the Rubber Johnnies gonna win that day.  They weren't even close to being nearly as remotely good as United in 1991.  United were great - Malpas, Bowman, McInally, McKinally, Dailly, Dave Narey, Big Duncan Ferguson.  United were class.  

That much class they were entirely matched in the semis. Saints had a superb team unit that year. No stars, but then we never do. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

No you weren't.

"In 1903 the notion of interfering with play was introduced : 'it is not a breach of the Law for a player to simply be in an offside position, but only when in that position he causes play to be affected.'

We'd still have come back and gubbed you anyway. It was our day!

46 minutes ago, Ormond said:

That much class they were entirely matched in the semis. Saints had a superb team unit that year. No stars, but then we never do. 

I missed out Mixu Paatelainen, Andy McLaren, Freddie Van Der Hoorn, Mio Krivokapic, John Clark - you farmer dumplings were lucky the SFA didnt just award United a walkover it was such a mismatch. 

What division were you lot in anyway?

Where's ma bottle opener?  Wait, I'm sitting on it. 

EDIT : right, so I googled St Johnstone 1991 and it's so insignificant it doesn't even have a wiki page, but I did find a partial squad list and, ok, I'll give you Sergei Baltacha but him aside we're talking Roddy Grant.  Roddy.  Grant.  That is all. 

Edited by adamntg

4 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I missed out Mixu Paatelainen, Andy McLaren, Freddie Van Der Hoorn, Mio Krivokapic, John Clark - you farmer dumplings were lucky the SFA didnt just award United a walkover it was such a mismatch. 

What division were you lot in anyway?

Where's ma bottle opener?  Wait, I'm sitting on it. 

EDIT : right, so I googled St Johnstone 1991 and it's so insignificant it doesn't even have a wiki page, but I did find a partial squad list and, ok, I'll give you Sergei Baltacha but him aside we're talking Roddy Grant.  Roddy.  Grant.  That is all. 

How's that neck of yours again? :lol:

19 minutes ago, adamntg said:

You didn't have a shot on goal till you scored ya bandit!

Aye but we had plenty after. Ian Cameron brought out a spectacular save from Billy Thomson and Fitzy fizzed one just over the bar. Toffee!!

Utd weren't exactly peppering our goal either. It was an absolute stalemate till the second period of extra time.

Edited by Marky

16 hours ago, adamntg said:

Also, there seems to be a real trend on here suggesting what I hate.  I *hate* Aberdeen, I *hate* St Johnstone etc. 

Football is basically a kids game. I enjoy it, am fairly obsessed in following it, but I also recognise what it is.  It's just a game. Chill out, we're all into the same thing, just pledging our allegiance to a different set of coloured shirts. I love you all.  

*except St Mirren obviously.  

As I read Osmonds post saying you hated Saints 2, I did laugh as you now hate them and Aberdeen. Its pretty comical on here at times, you make any comment about another player/team and you are labelled a hater.

8 minutes ago, Marky said:

Aye but we had plenty after. Ian Cameron brought out a spectacular save from Billy Thomson and Fitzy fizzed one just over the bar. Toffee!!

Utd weren't exactly peppering our goal either. It was an absolute stalemate till the second period of extra time.

Never offside.  Never in a million years. Never.  

Never. 

16 minutes ago, kumnio said:

As I read Osmonds post saying you hated Saints 2, I did laugh as you now hate them and Aberdeen. Its pretty comical on here at times, you make any comment about another player/team and you are labelled a hater.

I don't even hate Dundee (although they did push their luck with the old relegation Derby)!  Why would I bother ma baws hating other Scottish provincial diddy teams?  

Except St Mirren.  

And Hibs.  Never liked Airdrie either actually. 

30 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I was kidding with Adam as we've had jovial needle with Saints/United before. :P

12 hours ago, kumnio said:

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

I don't even hate Dundee (although they did push their luck with the old relegation Derby)!  Why would I bother ma baws hating other Scottish provincial diddy teams?  

Except St Mirren.  

And Hibs.  Never liked Airdrie either actually. 

I don't hate Dundee either. how could I hate  a team that let us win the league at their ground?

seriously I like to see Dundee in the top league - as long as we are there too - its good for the city as a whole. its a better rivalry that way.