This Weekends Games - Page 96 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Just now, killiefaetheferry said:

Hiya :wave:, I was hoping we would get the chance to have a wee chat about yesterday :ok:. Cannae buy a win this season, but 3 on the trot away to the Saintees :cheers3:

Read the fan board last night from everyone at the game. Worst performance in a long, long time by all accounts. Killie and Thistle seem to be the teams that have the doing of us recently. Dundee up next. Watch them do us too. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

I'm interested to know what the actual participation numbers are for egg chasing.

The fact there is no European Championship is odd is it not? Surely the repetition of the Six Nations gets exactly that, repetitive?

The popularity of the Six Nations suggests the fans aren't bothered about repetition, unless you're Italian watching regular horsings.

I guess the narrow spread of rugby playing nations counts against having a full European international championship. Maybe one day, I know the likes of Georgia and Romania are keen to see promotion and relegation from the 6 Nations coming into play.

Regarding participation, there are 2 million registered players in England!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rugby_union_playing_countries

58 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The popularity of the Six Nations suggests the fans aren't bothered about repetition, unless you're Italian watching regular horsings.

I guess the narrow spread of rugby playing nations counts against having a full European international championship. Maybe one day, I know the likes of Georgia and Romania are keen to see promotion and relegation from the 6 Nations coming into play.

Was listening to a bit on talk sport the other day that touched on this and would appear to make sense.

Other than Georgia and Romania, does anyone else play rugby? Perhaps they could have some sort of play off with the wooden spoon team?

On 25/02/2017 at 2:27 PM, Och Aye said:

Wonder how many people are giving the football a miss today to watch the televised Scotland v Wales rugby match. 

Football bosses should be negotiating a 1 pm ko with the SRU 

Move the Rugby then, I don't see why I should miss the Famous picking up another victory because something is on TV.

3 hours ago, Rossy said:

Rubbish. 

I went to high school in Cowdenbeath and the main sport was rugby...in fact in the year above me was Ian Paxton, future Scotland number 8.

And I can assure you that there's feck all posh about going to school in Cowdenbeath.

People who sneer at rugby do it through complete ignorance. Football will always remain our 'national' sport, but that doesn't mean who shouldn't celebrate success in or encourage other sports.

And given the complete failure of our international football team, we should be glad as f**k that the rugby team are doing Scotland proud.

Nail on the head Rossy. I played rugby at school. Blairgowrie high isn't posh kid territory. :lol:

31 minutes ago, macy37 said:

And add to the rules the ridiculous bonus point thing.

Given out despite teams playing differing fixtures. 

It's a khunts game. I'm getting as repetitive as the fixtures.

Too complicated for you to follow? 

It's actually a good idea aimed at encouraging attacking play and keeping games competitive. God forbid the footballing powers that be could ever consider anything so mental.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

It's that big a joke of a past time even the players don't know the rules.

Minority sport.

40 minutes ago, macy37 said:

And add to the rules the ridiculous bonus point thing.

Given out despite teams playing differing fixtures. 

It's a khunts game. I'm getting as repetitive as the fixtures.

Clearly didn't stop you watching it this afternoon...

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Is it not the best attended sporting competition in the world? 

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Too complicated for you to follow? 

It's actually a good idea aimed at encouraging attacking play and keeping games competitive. God forbid the footballing powers that be could ever consider anything so mental.

They did that in the Big Diddy Cup this year.

10 hours ago, ShedTA said:

People on here slagging rugby off as a game is laughable. It's a far more, intelligent, complicated and tactical game than football with much more honesty and respect for all involved. Can understand people prefer football - that's a personal choice but to slate rugby as a game says more about them than anything else.

Hahaha you're at it. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Enjoyable day in Perth yesterday. Thought we were excellent. Didn't let Saints play. 

A lot of unhappy Perth punters by all accounts. More to do with the fact the players didn't seem to give a shite from the kick off.