This Weekends Games - Page 112 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

2 hours ago, phart said:

So this face to face happening? I thought it'd be getting sorted sharpish since some powerful claims being made. Surely not just noise on the internet?

Still waiting. ? He seems to have disappeared into other threads, perhaps using his fleece lined invisibility cloak.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Anyone got the video of  Lenny demonstrating top pavement dancing lst night for our viewing pleasure

It's on any social media app you care to look at or indeed the BBC website. 

Lennon's behaviour was utterly ridiculous but Jim Duffy wasn't much better. The tackle that started the whole thing wasn't that bad, so the over reaction by Lennon is what actually starts the barney. 

All a bit pathetic in the interviews later by Lennon too. Hes not covered himself in glory with this at all. 

As for the Morton lads impression of Kyle Lafferty? Hopefully he'll get the same punishment. 

50 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

As for the Morton lads impression of Kyle Lafferty? Hopefully he'll get the same punishment. 

What's that? The opportunity to cheat his team to the league title by enabling them to play vs 10 men in a match, then score the opening goal in the very next game too (despite his manager saying he'd be severely punished by the club... :rolleyes: )? 

I think that's unlikely tbh. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's on any social media app you care to look at or indeed the BBC website. 

Lennon's behaviour was utterly ridiculous but Jim Duffy wasn't much better. The tackle that started the whole thing wasn't that bad, so the over reaction by Lennon is what actually starts the barney. 

All a bit pathetic in the interviews later by Lennon too. Hes not covered himself in glory with this at all. 

No the "barney" is started by an opposition manager entering the Hibs dugout area and challenging their manager to a fight, then a Morton player cheating to get McGregor sent off.

7 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

No the "barney" is started by an opposition manager entering the Hibs dugout area and challenging their manager to a fight, then a Morton player cheating to get McGregor sent off.

Always good to get the facts from someone who was there. 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

So Lennon running onto the pitch and having a go at the Morton player had no effect? 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

What's that? The opportunity to cheat his team to the league title by enabling them to play vs 10 men in a match, then score the opening goal in the very next game too (despite his manager saying he'd be severely punished by the club... :rolleyes: )? 

I think that's unlikely tbh. 

Still sore then?

I never liked Lafferty anyway. Poor man's Ted McMinn. 

8 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So Lennon running onto the pitch and having a go at the Morton player had no effect? 

You said that the "barney" was started by that. That's not true. Lennon shouldn't have approached the pitch but we wouldn't even be speaking about it if the Morton staff hadn't came over to start a fight.

42 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

You said that the "barney" was started by that. That's not true. Lennon shouldn't have approached the pitch but we wouldn't even be speaking about it if the Morton staff hadn't came over to start a fight.

Lennon was on the pitch before anyone came near the Hibs dugout. 

I know you'll probably think because I'm a Rangers supporter I hate Lennon but I don't. 

I actually like his honesty but on this occasion he's let himself down. 

3 hours ago, Reevesy said:

The Morton bench reacted to (well-known hothead) Lennon being on the pitch and angrily standing over and yelling at their player.

Lennon said he never used his hands during the melee, but he clearly does.

He also said that there wasn't any contact between the players' heads, but there was (but obviously not enough for that acting nonsense).

Being a big man isn't saying "I wouldn't have backed down from a square go"... In this case it would be saying "I should have stayed within my own technical area and let the referee handle it."

Did Lennon make things better or worse?

He made things a lot worse by dramatically and unnecessarily escalating the whole situation.

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Still sore then?

I never liked Lafferty anyway. Poor man's Ted McMinn. 

Nah. Just wanted to make clear the facts, when you appeared to be trying to paint him as having been harshly punished. 

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The Morton bench reacted to (well-known hothead) Lennon being on the pitch and angrily standing over and yelling at their player.

He also said that there wasn't any contact between the players' heads, but there was (but obviously not enough for that acting nonsense).

Being a big man isn't saying "I wouldn't have backed down from a square go"... In this case it would be saying "I should have stayed within my own technical area and let the referee handle it."

He made things a lot worse by dramatically and unnecessarily escalating the whole situation.

Fair summary. What happened does no one any credit, and once it kicked off Duffy in particular should have known better. But Lennon goes onto the pitch straight away (the tackle happening just in front of the Hibs technical area didn't help to be fair), and the Morton management and coaching staff seem to (badly over)react to that. Lennon's ''hold me back' antics after that are entirely down to him. Duffy at least has had the class to express regret for his role in what happened, although that might just have been a tactic to try to minimise whatever sanction he gets.

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

For once Scotty we agree ? 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Nah. Just wanted to make clear the facts, when you appeared to be trying to paint him as having been harshly punished. 

No painting,  just my terrible memory letting me down. ?

I thought he'd been more severely punished than the reality. 

Ive since checked and discovered my mistake. 

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Off to Inverness this afternoon and staying until Sunday. Massive game for us, win and i'd say it's very unlikely Inverness will catch us. A St Johnstone win at Hamilton would be ideal too. 

I'd happily take those set of results. 

Off to Ibrox tomorrow in with the prawn sandwich brigade. Not entirely sure what to expect. Don't think i'll have to worry too much about being caught out celebrating a goal :lol:

1 minute ago, Donaldo87 said:

I'd happily take those set of results. 

Off to Ibrox tomorrow in with the prawn sandwich brigade. Not entirely sure what to expect. Don't think i'll have to worry too much about being caught out celebrating a goal :lol:

Better practice your handshakes! 

I couldn't trust myself in the home end at either of those grounds, not worried in case we score but to retrain myself from arguing with clowns! 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I couldn't trust myself in the home end at either of those grounds, not worried in case we score but to retrain myself from arguing with clowns! 

I've sat in the home end at Ibrox for 25 years.  Believe me, it's not easy at times!!

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Better practice your handshakes! 

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've sat in the home end at Ibrox for 25 years.  Believe me, it's not easy at times!!

:lol:

Aye I have my fears but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now. 

On the point of the match no idea what to expect (apart from the obvious) but it was refreshing to hear Robinson talk quite positively about the game and not playing against 'the badge' and what we can do as opposed to "oh its a big occasion etc"