This Weekends Games - Page 140 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

They'll both be gushing on here after the fight about how much respect they have for each other amidst talk of a rematch in holland.

This would be my prediction. This may very well herald the beginning of some sort of TAMB arbitration model for others to use too. Can only be a good thing.

Suspect the "radio silence" has been enforced......

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, thplinth said:

Nearly a whole week of pre-fight build up as well. These lads know how to promote an event. That pub will be hoaching. 

All we need is a catchy description like the rumble in the jungle or the thriller in Manila.

If only someone could think of a rhyme with micro brewery. :(

rossy has the immediate  edge due to his ability to become very very very angry giving him a temporary invincibility to pain I would guess. However slasher has an eerie calmness about him that would worry me. That and being called slasher. :lol:

Stourie in the brewery? 

There'll be 1/3rd pints flying and hipster beards coated in over-priced hoppy IPA's as Rossy Marciano and Slasher Basher the Rossy Smasher go toe-to-toe. 

I might even change my pre-,match plans to ensure i catch a glimpse of this :lol: 

15 hours ago, Marky said:

Given that slasher is Celtic fan I'll go out on a limb and say he's from Glasgow. Do we therefore have to factor in his home advantage here? Might he secretly have some chibbed up Glesga ne'erdowells on the sidelines, poised to execute "haunners" at the point Rossy inevitably brings his ASC youth credentials out of mothballs for this one off event and sets aboot stoving Slasher's heid in with a Tizer bottle? If I was Rossy I'd make sure I took a few of my firm chinas just as a wee insurance policy.

Away win for me please.

:lol: 

Slasher is exuding a quiet confidence here, while Rossy all seems a bit too desperate to show bravado. Slasher is heavy favourite IMO. 

In an act of camaraderie for my fellow Don i'll be cheering on Rossy but in my pocket there'll be a betting slip with "Slasher" and "by TKO" scrawled on it. 

Just now, SMcoolJ said:

We slag our refs rotten (and with good cause) but that was an absolute shocker in sending off Vidal. 

If Barca get some decisions tomorrow night it's one for the conspiracy theorists aswell.

Never a booking, but he was already walking a tightrope!

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

If Barca get some decisions tomorrow night it's one for the conspiracy theorists aswell.

That was offside and possibly handball too. Bayern being mugged by the officials!!

26 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Another shocking decision as Ronaldo was offside there.

All designed to suit the Chinese audience these days. 

Shocking from the officials, never a sending off and two offside goals! Not seen the last one but it defos looked off. Ronaldo is a complete stain.

At that level these mistakes really shouldn't be made, not 3 in the same game. 

17 hours ago, Kirk said:

Shocking from the officials, never a sending off and two offside goals! Not seen the last one but it defos looked off. Ronaldo is a complete stain.

At that level these mistakes really shouldn't be made, not 3 in the same game. 

they even out tho

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Schalk's accepted a two match ban for diving.

Anyone any idea what the referee and the linesman's incompetence got??

Oh right............

As much as I don't agree with his dive, I suppose it is a bit unfair that if the ref had seen it, he gets a yellow card, because he didn't it's a 2 match ban. So he gets a greatly increased punishment as a result of the incompetent officials.

I won't be saying that if they finish 1 point ahead of Motherwell though.

:lol:

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Schalk's accepted a two match ban for diving.

Anyone any idea what the referee and the linesman's incompetence got??

Oh right............

This is the bit I don't understand.

The Referee gets away with his incompetence and indeed gets rewarded in some cases.

In what other job does this happen? Politics??