This Weekends Games - Page 163 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wellyman said:

Celtic missed Broony more than Aberdeen missed Jack, I thought Shinnie had a good game and was involved in the mix for the full 90 mins.

About time WGS gives him a call into the national team.

We didn't miss jack at all. I'd rather he didn't play in the final

1 minute ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Missed the game but sounds like it was a cracker. 

Celtic are capable of these fast starts under Rodgers something we lacked for years. Burying teams early doors then sitting back and trusting the team to defend. 

Celtic defence was all over the place last night,had we been able to take our very clear cuts chances we could have pulled off a draw.

at the very least it sets it up for an exciting final, that's assuming our boys don't shit their pants again.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

1-3 after 12 minutes and 10 seconds. :P

True, however Celtic didn't have to chase anything.

Griffiths (and the world) knew he deserved the booking by him laughing with his mates immediately after his fake tirade at McLean.

And yes, Considine did step on Roberts toe. These things happen in a man's game of FOOTball.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felt McLean got the 'big' decision correct.

Not a penalty.

Gordon was only looking to play the ball and Shinnie clattered into him.

(Hopefully a good Final.)

Sorry Scotty but you're wrong there. Shinnie got to the ball first and Gordon clattered him, not the other way. McLean bottled it and took the easy way out. 

3 hours ago, Mitre said:

It's a conspiracy!

Yeah. Poor Celtic. Griffiths also allowed to say "feck off, you fecking arsehole" to ref and somehow escape a second booking. 

3 minutes ago, wellyman said:

Celtic missed Broony more than Aberdeen missed Jack, I thought Shinnie had a good game and was involved in the mix for the full 90 mins.

About time WGS gives him a call into the national team.

Agree with all of that. Was just making the point that our midfield wasn't full strength either. 

8 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Missed the game but sounds like it was a cracker. 

Celtic are capable of these fast starts under Rodgers something we lacked for years. Burying teams early doors then sitting back and trusting the team to defend. 

If Aberdeen had a bit more quality up front Celtic would have been in trouble,  the Gordon/Shinnie clash could have easily been given, along with Mcginns poor deliveries and the chances wasted by MClean and Stockley.

Its the first time this season that i have seen Celtic on the back foot for such long periods .  

Fancy it could be a bit tasty at New Douglas Park today.

Have absolutely no confidence in Martin Canning as i have stated repeatedly and when it really, really matters Accies usually come up short in must win games - especially against Motherwell.

That being said i hope we get it right up the Tory voters

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Fancy it could be a bit tasty at New Douglas Park today.

Have absolutely no confidence in Martin Canning as i have stated repeatedly and when it really, really matters Accies usually come up short in must win games - especially against Motherwell.

That being said i hope we get it right up the Tory voters

Ahem, I think you mean the Superseal Stadium? Lol.

Around 2500 Well fans heading over the dual carriageway. It could get tasty around Hamilton West today never mind in the stadium, better tell my auld maw to stay indoors this afternoon ?

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Sorry Scotty but you're wrong there. Shinnie got to the ball first and Gordon clattered him, not the other way. McLean bottled it and took the easy way out. 

Shinnie definitely got the ball first (as he knocked it out for a goal kick) and as Gordon had his eyes on the ball all the way, the 2 just clashed after the ball was gone.

17 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Shinnie definitely got the ball first (as he knocked it out for a goal kick) and as Gordon had his eyes on the ball all the way, the 2 just clashed after the ball was gone.

2 players went for the ball. One got it. Stonewall penalty. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Ahem, I think you mean the Superseal Stadium? Lol.

No - id imagine any tastiness will take place outside of the stadium in the area of NDP :moon:

5 hours ago, wellyman said:

If Aberdeen had a bit more quality up front Celtic would have been in trouble,  the Gordon/Shinnie clash could have easily been given, along with Mcginns poor deliveries and the chances wasted by MClean and Stockley.

Its the first time this season that i have seen Celtic on the back foot for such long periods .  

Why was McGinn allowed to keep taking the multitude of corners? 

His crossing was shockingly bad. 

All trains from Hamilton to Motherwell have been cancelled meaning Motherwell fans have to make their way to either Hamilton bus station or the Palace to get transport home

I dont think that is going to end well

Currently 1-0 to the Tory voters as expected

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

All trains from Hamilton to Motherwell have been cancelled meaning Motherwell fans have to make their way to either Hamilton bus station or the Palace to get transport home

I dont think that is going to end well

Currently 1-0 to the Tory voters as expected

Does the signalling system run on Windows? :o

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

2 players went for the ball. 

Correct.

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

One got it. 

Correct, Shinnie touched the ball first, but the didn't have control or possession. In fact, he knocked it out of bounds. (What do you think he could have done with it?)

The ball was gone by the time of the collision.

IMHO, Gordon neither fouled nor denied Shinnie a goalscoring opportunity.

The coming together of 2 players isn't always a penalty (as I believe in this case).

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Correct.

Correct, Shinnie touched the ball first, but the didn't have control or possession. In fact, he knocked it out of bounds. (What do you think he could have done with it?)

The ball was gone by the time of the collision.

IMHO, Gordon neither fouled nor denied Shinnie a goalscoring opportunity.

The coming together of 2 players isn't always a penalty (as I believe in this case).

It would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

That said, we lost it in the first 9 mins.

50 minutes ago, Redz said:

It would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch.

That said, we lost it in the first 9 mins.

Straw clutching. Some people on here could do a good job for the cause! 

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I see Gordon Brown turned up to see the Rovers today. And of course they got relegated...

JS49397195.jpg

Hughes gone too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39910717

But with a little help from his numerous mates in the football media, Hughes will no doubt be back creating misery at another club in six months or so. 

The scoreline dictated 2 different styles of play (hence the possession stats).

Didn't expect to come away feeling happy with the performance after the first 11 minutes, but I did.

We needed something to give us some hope for the Final and we got it.