This Weekends Games - Page 165 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

Just now, Donaldo87 said:

Seems to be a trend these days in a lot of places. Presumably easier to steward or some shite. 

Utter bollocks for atmosphere though. 

Aye that's what I was thinking. I know they do it with the away fans at Millwall but don't think Killie and Motherwell is quite as high risk as down there :lol:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Is there a reason the Killie fans are all in the upper tier at Motherwell tonight?

It's to stop scaring the feck oot o' cvnts wae the sight o' that Sawers twat.

Edited by Ormond

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Is there a reason the Killie fans are all in the upper tier at Motherwell tonight?

It's because Motherwell are still on probation for the pitch invasion after the play off game against the huns.

Traditionally we had a pitch invasion at the last home game of the season, so this was an extra measure for this as well as the fences in front of the stands and closing the front few rows in the home end.

(basically MFC have to go way OTT to show they are trying to avoid a pitch invasion, because we had one against Rangers and they didn't like it)

29 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It's because Motherwell are still on probation for the pitch invasion after the play off game against the huns.

Traditionally we had a pitch invasion at the last home game of the season, so this was an extra measure for this as well as the fences in front of the stands and closing the front few rows in the home end.

(basically MFC have to go way OTT to show they are trying to avoid a pitch invasion, because we had one against Rangers and they didn't like it)

While the much larger pitch invasions down south are embraced and enjoyed.

15 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Seems to be a trend these days in a lot of places. Presumably easier to steward or some shite. 

Utter bollocks for atmosphere though. 

Have a look at the Ross Co V Accies highlights. Not that there was many, but the Accies fans were shoehorned right in beside the corner flag whilst the rest of the stand (including behind the goals) lay empty. Cant have made for much a view - meanwhile the better seats are lying completely empty.

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Inverness relegated.

Hamilton v Dundee Utd in the play-off.

I'd like United to win. It will be a better league next season for having Hibs and Dundee Utd back. 

Agreed

16 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Inverness relegated.

Hamilton v Dundee Utd in the play-off.

I'd like United to win. It will be a better league next season for having Hibs and Dundee Utd back. 

On what basis? Fine if they merit it but the last time they were up there were shit and got relegated.

35 minutes ago, macy37 said:

On what basis? Fine if they merit it but the last time they were up there were shit and got relegated.

United are a bigger club with a bigger fan base, they would bring more to the premiership in every way. What's not to understand? If they win the play off they'll be up on merit. It's all we ask ?

Celtic        v    Hearts
Partick Thistle    v    Aberdeen
St Johnstone    v    Rangers

12:30 ko's

Stage set for Cathro and his laptop to hit back at his critics and deny Celtic their unbeaten league season?
Or should I stay off the magic mushrooms? :blink:

3 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Big flare fine en route from the Scottish Fraudulent Association for Celtic obviously

3 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Big flare fine en route from the Scottish Fraudulent Association for Celtic obviously

Hope so. Can't have fun or colour at football matches in Scotland. Need to nip that in the bud.

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Hope so. Can't have fun or colour at football matches in Scotland. Need to nip that in the bud.

So there is no fun or colour supporting Celtic unless some wee fanny sets of a dangerous firework? 

Fair enough. I'd have thought an unbeaten domestic season was fun enough. ?

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So there is no fun or colour supporting Celtic unless some wee fanny sets of a dangerous firework? 

No Pyro, no party!

:P

I don't mind smoke bombs and flares, as long as they're not getting thrown.

48 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Plenty of fun and colour mate, but that display just added to it. The majority of the fans loved it so the "wee fanny" did well. 

Although it was more than just one guy that deserves credit. Maybe you should worry more about the shite atmosphere at Ibrox and working on improving it somehow instead of looking over at us and trying to get offended at something that doesn't affect you.