This Weekends Games - Page 166 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Plenty of fun and colour mate, but that display just added to it. The majority of the fans loved it so the "wee fanny" did well. 

Although it was more than just one guy that deserves credit. Maybe you should worry more about the shite atmosphere at Ibrox and working on improving it somehow instead of looking over at us and trying to get offended at something that doesn't affect you.

And the are dangerous and banned from football grounds.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, fringo said:

And the are dangerous and banned from football grounds.

So is alcohol on supporters buses, doesn't make it right, or mean anybody abides by it.

1 minute ago, fringo said:

I just think the risk of flares and smoke bombs are far too great.

Fair enough but I'd disagree. If they're handled correctly then they add to the occasion. 

16 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Plenty of fun and colour mate, but that display just added to it. The majority of the fans loved it so the "wee fanny" did well. 

Although it was more than just one guy that deserves credit. Maybe you should worry more about the shite atmosphere at Ibrox and working on improving it somehow instead of looking over at us and trying to get offended at something that doesn't affect you.

Where did I say I was offended? 

They're banned from football grounds for good reason. I'm quite happy for the Celtic fans to get their club into trouble yet again. 

Kind of puts the "greatest fans in the world" guff to bed though, as they can't really claim that when they need banned fireworks for atmosphere. 

41 minutes ago, macy37 said:

47 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Where did I say I was offended? 

They're banned from football grounds for good reason. I'm quite happy for the Celtic fans to get their club into trouble yet again. 

Kind of puts the "greatest fans in the world" guff to bed though, as they can't really claim that when they need banned fireworks for atmosphere. 

Usually the only people I ever hear use the term "greatest fans in the world" about Celtic fans, are non Celtic fans funnily enough. So I don't think anything needs put to bed.

Our support shites all over Sevco's though, as does our team and to be perfectly honest with you that is all I care about. Let someone else have the world title :lol:

Edited by Reevesy

The display today and then the flares and the smoke bombs, tremendous. We are leading the way in british football in terms of particpation. Can't wait till we give those no voting teuchtars a right pumpin next week.

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Maybe they should get a big off cannon like Rangers do every year the circus comes to town!

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I really don't get the bed wetting about flares at games.

Some folk need to stop being offended about everything. I thought the display was cracking.

Agree, totally. 

11 hours ago, Reevesy said:

I thought the display did look good, but a bit dodgy with the flares so close to the plastic sheeting (at least that's what it looked like)

Also, was it not a bit shit for the people in that section when the sheeting was put down a few minutes before the 67th minute totally blocking their view of the game - I know yourself & at least one other on here are in that section :ok:

34 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

Also, was it not a bit shit for the people in that section when the sheeting was put down a few minutes before the 67th minute totally blocking their view of the game - I know yourself & at least one other on here are in that section :ok:

The thing is though, anyone in that particular part of the standing is either a green brigade member or got their ticket via the group so they know the score that there will be the odd display that can block your view sometimes. I'd have a problem with it if it was every weekend or done in a game that's on a knife edge but yesterday was a carnival type atmosphere so I was fine with it. And even then, folk had plenty of notice in which they could have moved for a few minutes. 

I think the plastics sheets were more being used to cover the folk doing pyro rather than being a necessary part of the display tbh

It seemed to have went down well with most fans, even ones who normally like to have a moan about that kind of stuff.

19 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

It seemed to have went down well with most fans, even ones who normally like to have a moan about that kind of stuff.

I hadn't seen it, looked it up there.

Was quite good.

Seems to have got a relatively positive reaction from the press too.

"pyro-packed" and "filled the ground with a light smoke" were 2 particularly uncharacteristic lines used to describe it.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I really don't get the bed wetting about flares at games.

Some folk need to stop being offended about everything. I thought the display was cracking.

I have an instinctive aversion to pyro at games because of Bradford '85. I know my reaction is irrational as modern stadiums aren't the wooden tinder-boxes we were in back then, but it makes me uncomfortable all the same.

More rationally, smoke gets in your eyes ...

36 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

I have an instinctive aversion to pyro at games because of Bradford '85. I know my reaction is irrational as modern stadiums aren't the wooden tinder-boxes we were in back then, but it makes me uncomfortable all the same.

That's like the daft Liverpool fans who oppose Safe Standing but stand at away games!

47 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I hadn't seen it, looked it up there.

Was quite good.

Seems to have got a relatively positive reaction from the press too.

"pyro-packed" and "filled the ground with a light smoke" were 2 particularly uncharacteristic lines used to describe it.

:lol:

I said to a boy at the game that I expected the papers to have front page "Sectarian smoke yobs disgrace memory of the Lisbon Lions" so that's actually good to hear :lol:

40 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

And absolutely stinks. I could still smell it off my clothes when I got home :D

Like i said though, as long as it's done around like minded folk then it's fine by me.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's like the daft Liverpool fans who oppose Safe Standing but stand at away games!

Which ironically is less safe than the set up we have at CP given you can easily fall down the rows as there's no barrier in front of you.

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Hearts apparently looking at implementing a safe-standing section. 

Surprised to hear that tbh. On JKB there doesn't seem much support for it.

Presumably it would be behind the goal of the Gorgie end if they did.

39 minutes ago, Mox said:

Some day at Celtic Park yesterday, the connection between the fans and the players is unlike anything I've witnessed before, it is f u cking brilliant.

In my time following Celtic, from 1993 onwards, it most certainly is.

Not just the Scottish players either, you'd think guys like Lustig and Izzaguire grew up in Royston, Coatbridge or Port Glasgow the way they embrace it  :champs: