This Weekends Games - Page 167 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

32 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

In my time following Celtic, from 1993 onwards, it most certainly is.

Not just the Scottish players either, you'd think guys like Lustig and Izzaguire grew up in Royston, Coatbridge or Port Glasgow the way they embrace it  :champs:

I met a guy in Vegas who told me he knew someone who played for "the Green team" and turns out he grew up playing football on the beach/streets with Izzaguire,  Apparently he used to always play barefoot (or so he claimed).  I'm aware that adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

In my time following Celtic, from 1993 onwards, it most certainly is.

Not just the Scottish players either, you'd think guys like Lustig and Izzaguire grew up in Royston, Coatbridge or Port Glasgow the way they embrace it  :champs:

Lustig follows Morton?

17 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Usually the only people I ever hear use the term "greatest fans in the world" about Celtic fans, are non Celtic fans funnily enough. So I don't think anything needs put to bed.

Our support shites all over Sevco's though, as does our team and to be perfectly honest with you that is all I care about. Let someone else have the world title :lol:

I love that you have to compare everything to Rangers. ? 

Can you not enjoy a fantastic season without worrying whether you're seen as bigger and better than us? 

Not sure what makes you think Celtics team is better than ours. Other than the 5-1 humping, obviously. ?

Try just enjoying it. 

18 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Fair enough but I'd disagree. If they're handled correctly then they add to the occasion. 

It's the "handled correctly" bit that's the problem. Some wee ned is not my idea of a responsible person. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's the "handled correctly" bit that's the problem. Some wee ned is not my idea of a responsible person. 

You've labelled the person "some wee ned" based on what exactly? 

18 hours ago, macy37 said:

The tears on this thread taste beautiful. We are the only show in this country.

I haven't seen anyone greetin other than the folk defending flares. They're greetin that if you don't agree you're offended. 

Logic bypass has obviously worked. 

Incidentally I had a short discussion with a team mate that supports Celtic about next season and what would constitute success. He went for CL groups, Europa League after that and another treble. Might do you, he's easily pleased. What can Rogers do better for you? 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I haven't seen anyone greetin other than the folk defending flares. They're greetin that if you don't agree you're offended. 

Logic bypass has obviously worked. 

Incidentally I had a short discussion with a team mate that supports Celtic about next season and what would constitute success. He went for CL groups, Europa League after that and another treble. Might do you, he's easily pleased. What can Rogers do better for you? 

Ideally you would like to try and make an impact on the group stages, if we got there and depending on the draw, but really European football post Christmas has to be the target. I am of the opinion though that whilst this team has broken records and played some great stuff at times domestically, I am not entirely confident that a number of our players are able to make that step up in quality thats needed to really make an impact in Europe.

10 minutes ago, Mox said:

Ideally you would like to try and make an impact on the group stages, if we got there and depending on the draw, but really European football post Christmas has to be the target. I am of the opinion though that whilst this team has broken records and played some great stuff at times domestically, I am not entirely confident that a number of our players are able to make that step up in quality thats needed to really make an impact in Europe.

Europe after Christmas has to be the main target as the league is a virtual given next season I think. 

We've got to concentrate on 2nd and see how close that takes us to you. We have to get passed Aberdeen next season or the majority of the natives will be in revolt. I don't think we can compete with Celtic even if the signings turn out really well. 

52 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

A Dundee United fan being told his wife is in labour over the tannoy there :lol:

0-0 so far

They wouldn't have been able to give her name out on the tannoy as She was probably only 14.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

It appears that none of the media agree with my take on it, I may be speaking shiiite

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

It appears that none of the media agree with my take on it, I may be speaking shiiite

Tbf to you usually it's the media speaking shite! ?