This Weekends Games - Page 168 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

23 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I thought Murray came back from an offside position. The ref was going to give the penalty, then the linesman told him it was offside, well thats what I thought happened anyway.

Total shiite. :lol:

Stonewall penalty.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not often Accies get any luck so will take it

Thought United huffed and puffed and Accies were too powder puff up front which has been the story of their season

Still not convinced Canning can get them through the 2nd leg

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ridiculous decision for the penalty. 

Ref had absolutely no idea what he was going to do,terrible from him and should never blow a whistle again. 

If only Murray hadnt cheated like fvck to win one in the first half things would have maybe been different

Karma i'd call it

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Ridiculous decision for the penalty. 

Ref had absolutely no idea what he was going to do,terrible from him and should never blow a whistle again. 

I think he did know, he looked like he was going to point to the spot (twice!) before listening to the assistant through the earpiece who obviously got it wrong. 

Stonewaller, but Murray wouldn't have been sent off if he didn't dive in the first half.

Edited by McTeeko

8 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Poor quality game that.

united will be straight back down next year without signings. That guy going off, what a fvd 

Absolute genius comment. Any other amazing insights? 

Who was the fud - Simon Murray incorrectly red carded? No wonder people take the piss out of big club supporters, if like you they really do know f@ck all about football. 

6 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Who was the fud - Simon Murray incorrectly red carded? No wonder people take the piss out of big club supporters, if like you they really do know f@ck all about football. 

I think he means Kuate to be fair. 

Guest BlueGaz
9 hours ago, ShedTA said:

I think he may have meant the substitute throwing a huff when swapped?  

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

I thought he got booked for mouthing off at the linesman, or for being ginger.

On 2017-5-22 at 4:42 PM, Mox said:

I thought the same as you. Looked like offside but then I realised it was passed back by the Hamilton player so couldn't have been. 

Think the linesman has made a rather large feck up there. 

8 hours ago, black'n'tan said:

Both Ref and assistant have apologised to Simon after game - Interview is on Arabzone.

21 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I think he may have meant the substitute throwing a huff when swapped?  

Ah, ok. My error and bizarre rant retracted. :unsure:

Cannot believe Utd have the cheek to moan about Murray getting sent off. The guy cheated earlier in the match, was caught, got booked. Then done a massively exaggerated swan dive when he went down the second time. 

You reap what you sew. Get it up him. 

I saw all of this as someone who wants Utd to go up. 

58 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cannot believe Utd have the cheek to moan about Murray getting sent off. The guy cheated earlier in the match, was caught, got booked. Then done a massively exaggerated swan dive when he went down the second time. 

The first one he cheated, got booked and received his punishment. 

The second one he was fouled, United never got the penalty then Murray was wrongly sent off. 

Of course United are going to moan. 

5 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

The first one he cheated, got booked and received his punishment. 

The second one he was fouled, United never got the penalty then Murray was wrongly sent off. 

Of course United are going to moan. 

Perhaps they should examine that their own player cost them the victory by being a cheating wee whank? 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

He didn't cheat for the sending off though, did he?

He was caught and it was a foul. 

The massively exaggerated swan dive is what cost him. I've zero sympathy. A cheat has made his own bad luck. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Perhaps they should examine that their own player cost them the victory by being a cheating wee whank? 

Thats utter bollox. he didn't cheat for that one, he was fouled in the box. He tried to cheat for the first one and was rightly booked. Or are you saying any player that dives once should never be awarded a free kick in their favour again? Interesting view.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Did you watch the game? For the second one the hamilton boy completely missed the ball and caught Murray.

Want us to go up? Sounds more like you are letting your dislike of our club cloud what you are seeing.

10 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Thats utter bollox. he didn't cheat for that one, he was fouled in the box. He tried to cheat for the first one and was rightly booked. Or are you saying any player that dives once should never be awarded a free kick in their favour again? Interesting view.

7 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Did you watch the game? For the second one the hamilton boy completely missed the ball and caught Murray.

Want us to go up? Sounds more like you are letting your dislike of our club cloud what you are seeing.

Nope. I don't actually dislike Utd. I saw the incident. The dramatic, swan dive fashion in which Murray went down was needless. That, combined with the fact he'd already been caught cheating, is why the referee thought he was cheating and sent him off. 

As i say, you reap what you sew sometimes. Maybe he'll be less of a cheating wee whank in future. 

8 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

His standing leg was taken from under him, it wasn't a "swan like dive".

It was a penalty, however, the ridiculously exaggerated way he throws himself is why he doesn't get it.

14 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It was a penalty, however, the ridiculously exaggerated way he throws himself is why he doesn't get it.

Come on Parkie are we now awarding penalties on how  a player dives? They all exaggerate it. The question is whether he was fouled and he was. The first effort was a disgrace and he was rightly carded, and I hate diving as much as you.