This Weekends Games - Page 169 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

14 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Come on Parkie are we now awarding penalties on how  a player dives? They all exaggerate it. The question is whether he was fouled and he was. The first effort was a disgrace and he was rightly carded, and I hate diving as much as you.

I've said it was a penalty and the wrong decision. Not once have I said anything different. 

I'm explaining why i believe he didn't get it and why i feel zero sympathy for him. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a pen, that much is true. But the way the fanny goes down is theatrical. At full speed with seeing it instantly it's easy to see why the ref thought it was a dive. He's been caught Pawlett-esque.

Guest BlueGaz

Swings and roundabouts.  A lot of modern day players have made a hard job harder for the ref.  Some you get, some you don't.  Seems it is ok when it is your own player at it, but theatrical whank when its not.  Thems the rules.  Be a pity if Utd go out 1-0 on Sunday.  

21 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Seems it is ok when it is your own player at it, but theatrical whank when its not.  

If you're referring to me there, then you're totally wrong. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

If you're referring to me there, then you're totally wrong. 

No, I'm not.  Used your words but I think generally whining about this stuff with the majority of fans will be when it is against you, rather than for you.  I doubt there are many Hamilton fans complaining about it, but rather taking your stance on it.  Doubt the majority would have the same view had it happened at the other end, for example.

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

It was a pen, that much is true. But the way the fanny goes down is theatrical. At full speed with seeing it instantly it's easy to see why the ref thought it was a dive. He's been caught Pawlett-esque

That might work except the ref didnt. The ref was away to give the penalty. The linesman who is looking directly at it from the best angle flagged it as a dive and changed the refs mind. Why? Who knows. 

Just now, ShedTA said:

That might work except the ref didnt. The ref was away to give the penalty. The linesman who is looking directly at it from the best angle flagged it as a dive and changed the refs mind. Why? Who knows. 

Ah, I never knew it was the linesman.

1 minute ago, Chief said:

They've overturned that second yellow pretty quick, allowing him to play on Sunday. 

How did it take them over a week to sort out Scott Brown's and a matter of hours for Simon Murray?

Dont think they have overturned it

They have appealed it and the hearing is next Thursday i believe - meaning he is free to play until the appeal heard

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Dont think they have overturned it

They have appealed it and the hearing is next Thursday i believe - meaning he is free to play until the appeal heard

Ah I see. 

47 minutes ago, Chief said:

They've overturned that second yellow pretty quick, allowing him to play on Sunday. 

How did it take them over a week to sort out Scott Brown's and a matter of hours for Simon Murray?

Brown's a cvnt.

47 minutes ago, Chief said:

Brown's a cvnt.

On 05/05/2017 at 11:47 AM, Reevesy said:

I love how you've put an asterisk through Celtic. Are you a union bear by any chance?

I seen that too, was wondering what it was about? 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Why was Dillon getting heated with his own fans today? I've just watched a clip of him storming over to them pointing at someone. I take it that was after the whistle?

I seen that too, was wondering what it was about? 

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Why was Dillon getting heated with his own fans today? I've just watched a clip of him storming over to them pointing at someone. I take it that was after the whistle?

United players were applauding their fans for their support after the game but a wee pocket of fans behind the goal on their way out were screaming abuse, pointing and gesticulating at some of the players. Dillon seemed to take it personally and went over to have words before being pulled away.

Good on him I felt. Never a great player but you can tell it means something to him. No enough of that in this United team.

Utd were brutal. So bad. Their whole game plan was launch it and hope the Accies centre halves fecked up the long balls. 

Neither team deserves to be in the top flight. Hopefully we'll get rid of Hamilton, their 8 fans and their awful pitch next year. 

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

Utd were brutal. So bad. Their whole game plan was launch it and hope the Accies centre halves fecked up the long balls. 

Neither team deserves to be in the top flight. Hopefully we'll get rid of Hamilton, their 8 fans and their awful pitch next year. 

Can't argue with any of that Parkie.

6 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Thanks, I'll store that one for use in the not too distant future I think.

You might have to direct it to clubs other than the Accies

At all levels their Academy is dynamite and are better prepared for the future than many others