Could we put Slovakia out?? - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Could we put Slovakia out??

Ally boy 69

As it says above could we win over in Slovakia and effectively rule them out the equation....2 home defeats nearly impossible to come back from in what will be a tight group......beat Lithuania and then go for the win was a lack of going with the killer instinct that ruined last campaign. Let's win and take one team out.....thoughts???

Edited by Ally boy 69

6 minutes ago, Ally boy 69 said:

As it says above could we win over in Slovakia and effectively rule them out the equation....2 home defeats nearly impossible to come back from in what will be a tight group......beat Lithuania and then go for the win was a lack of going with the killer instinct that ruined last campaign. Let's win and take one team out.....thoughts???

They lost to a 95 minute winner to the strongest team in the group.

We won against Malta, who finished the game with 9 men. It was also Strachans first competitive away win under pressure.

8 minutes ago, Ally boy 69 said:

did we not rule ireland out of the equation when we drew in dublin?

1 hour ago, chewie said:

We would have put Ireland out with a win but our manager decided to play for a draw, which kept them in it.

Correct...... which is why we should have a go we are not good enough to play for draws......could put ourselves in a great position if we are brave enough to have a go......

It would be nice.  Just trying for the win and a good performance in each game would be good enough for me.  We have achieved nothing yet, other than avoiding our usual banana skin.  It could very easily be us that are out of contention come November.  1 point from the next 3 games is not that unrealistic - we are playing decent sides in the next 3 games. Lithuania are no mugs and both Slovakia and England are better than us.  I would take 4 points right now.

12 hours ago, Ally boy 69 said:

Loving the tone of this post! Why the f*** not?, is my opinion. Especially if they don't beat Slovenia away on the Saturday (only beaten them once in the past, having played 5 times) http://www.11v11.com/teams/slovakia/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Slovenia/

We definitely could have the chance to put them well out of the picture early on in the campaign. That would make the trip to London far more stress free!

We have to look at every game as--Lithuania at home,will everybody else beat them at home,AYE so we have to go out and pump them at home,will everybody beat slovakia away-naw etc.take 8 points by end of england game, 2 wins and 2 draws

Taking one game at a time, but if we can beat Lithuania at home and cane get a draw in Slovakia, then we are doing very well.

Took a late England goal to beat them (that should be viewed more as how tricky it was for a England side in transition with a new manager in place in his first game, rather than how good England were), but one thing I noticed from their matches in the Euros was how Jekyll and Hyde they seem to be.... one game it looked like they could put 6 past us without getting out of 1st gear, then the next game I got the feeling "we could actually have them!".

Would take a win naturally, but if we come away with a draw I will be happy with that.