Hospitality - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hospitality

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-nominated-best-football-club-hospitality16916

Saints have been nominated for a best matchday hospitality award alongside Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool. Hospitality is something I've only done once in my life and it wasn't at the football. How do you think your club measures up in the wining and dining part? 

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

http://perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/saints-nominated-best-football-club-hospitality16916

Saints have been nominated for a best matchday hospitality award alongside Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool. Hospitality is something I've only done once in my life and it wasn't at the football. How do you think your club measures up in the wining and dining part? 

I'd say Berwick Rangers piss all over anything in the lower leagues. I say that without having had hospitality elsewhere bar Livi and Arbroath which was poor however I have been 'inside' pretty much every boardroom in the lower leagues.

Middlesboro last year was absolutely spot on. Very surprised to be honest as I'm unsure why but I didn't think it would be that good.

Rangers is very over priced again now that we are back in the Premier. They were doing a really good deal for the Cup Final v Peterhead last season. Sure it was somewhere I'm the region of £110 + vat. It was available for most league games too I think. Few weeks later they were charging £275 + vat for the SC Semi for the exact same package. 

Lower leagues I've been to Alloa and Elgin. Both really decent for what you pay, particularly Alloa. 

Been to Ibrox, Parkhead,  Killie and both old and new St Mirren Park.

Best of these was definitely Killie although the comfiest seating and warmest on a cold winters night was definitely Ibrox. 

Food and drink was the worst at Ibrox though. Parkhead was fun  as the chef at the time was a friends brother and a total nutjob. He made sure I got plenty healthy greens. ?

I've done at pittodrie many times, it used to be brilliant but the last two times I've been, the service has been gash.

others I've done :-

Fraserburgh twice

Peterhead twice

Liverpool for a merseyside Derby

Arsenal - it's not called the corporate bowl for nothing.

Hampden for Scotland v Holland playoff

if i had to pick I'd say Liverpool was the best. 

Only done Killie and Morton. Morton pretty basic. Killie was excellent as a birthday treat for my late Dad. He had a great day as our host/tour guy was Davie Sneddon, and they had a good old chat about the old days in Killie, people they both knew etc. 

Went to a non matchday function for about 40 folk at Tynecastle Directors lounge and it was pretty good value at 18 a head for glass of fizzy, finger buffet, run of the directors box for big family photo etc, and a cash bar with good draught Moretti for 3 quid a pint.

15 hours ago, Mitre said:

Kilmarnock was always excellent before but I'm talking 20+ years ago

Have done Killie a few times, I'd say it's got poorer over the years. Haven't been back since MJ took over the hotel either.

Sorry to bring politics into the thread but I just discovered last night via the BBC documentary that Gordon Brown made The speech that begat The Vow in the Park Suite! :blink:

Edited by Toepoke

I was corporate at Old Trafford last year for the Manchester derby and that was brilliant. The suite & balcony weren't the biggest so you had to split your time between the 2 but other than that it was great. The 3 course meal was excellent then a cheese board at full time and a stocked up fridge full of beer, wine, champagne etc. which took a hammering. The staff were well organised and there were plenty ex. players etc. kicking around.