Paralympics - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Paralympics

Hertsscot

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I've been watching "The Last Leg". It's excellent entertainment. 

I was gonna say that too, The Last Leg's been great. Far better than the BBC's po-faced coverage of the Olympics. 

Saw Adam Hills at the Glasgow comedy festival a few months back. Hilarious night.

Edited by Toepoke

• 3 months later...

Thought the last leg was superb. I loved it when Johnny Vegas made an appearance on a few of the shows.

Found the Para's inspiring but have to say I think the disability categories need a bit of tightening up. e.g. The guy that won the category 3 cycling road race won it with an average speed of nearly 30mph. That's not far off Pro standards. He was miles ahead of anyone else. I believe he has a problem with the arches of his feet but competes against paracyclists with no legs. Something not right there.

Got a wee bit fed up of the hype surrounding Sarah Storey. Fair enough she has a deformed hand but does that really compromise her ability to cycle ? I'd prefer to see the people who's disability actually affects their ability to perform in their chosen sport given the chance of competing against others with similar disabilities Otherwise the medals table,in my opinion, becomes meaningless.

Edited by captainwull