Where's Decent To Bide? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where's Decent To Bide?

Isn't Catalonia still part of Spain? You'll still be here in 10 years. After you have kids it isn't easy to move away. Why not move next week though?

I've already said that my wife is due to give birth around Christmas time. I want the baby to be born here in my home town and to be Scottish not British.

I'm in private rental here and I was looking to buy a house here as well as a brand new car. I also spend my taxes and contribute greatly to the local economy.

Not anymore now, I simply don't want to live along side some people I do not respect anymore.

Once the new baby is a few months old and strong enough to travel I will be seriously looking over there.

Must admit I haven't really fully made up my mind on location yet and I'll be doing a few weekends over there to look for suitable homes.

I've already said that my wife is due to give birth around Christmas time. I want the baby to be born here in my home town and to be Scottish not British.

I'm in private rental here and I was looking to buy a house here as well as a brand new car. I also spend my taxes and contribute greatly to the local economy.

Not anymore now, I simply don't want to live along side some people I do not respect anymore.

Once the new baby is a few months old and strong enough to travel I will be seriously looking over there.

Must admit I haven't really fully made up my mind on location yet and I'll be doing a few weekends over there to look for suitable homes.

Sorry to hear that, antidote.

I'm heading back to Reykjavik next week (I always was either decision) for at least a year, but you are more than welcome to stay with my girlfriend and I in our brand spanking new wee bedsit-flat.

I'm ashamed to be going back there thinking their whole population is 2 Dundees - 300,000 and we with 5.2 mil weren't big enough.

My new plan is to gain some experience in my new job and look at my options abroad. Last night tipped me over the edge. The media here report this as both sides causing unrest and violence when it clearly wasn't.

This isn't the only reason, I want to experience a new way of life but most importantly I realised that there is nothing proud about Scotland or brave!! We have again shown that fear rules our heads and become the only country in the world to vote against independence.

I thought I might feel better today but I feel worse.

Everyone thinking about it, should try it for at least a year. I've lived and worked in 4 foreign countries for a year minimum and loved every second. I will return to Scotland at some point though. Had hoped it would be within the next 18 months, but that wasn't to be.

It opens your eyes to how other people live and the difference in culture between Scotland and elsewhere.

You might miss home after the first wee while, but after that, you won't regret it.

There's a lot of IT jobs in GIbraltar and Malta and most of them are English speaking...

Everyone thinking about it, should try it for at least a year. I've lived and worked in 4 foreign countries for a year minimum and loved every second. I will return to Scotland at some point though. Had hoped it would be within the next 18 months, but that wasn't to be.

It opens your eyes to how other people live and the difference in culture between Scotland and elsewhere.

You might miss home after the first wee while, but after that, you won't regret it.

There's a lot of IT jobs in GIbraltar and Malta and most of them are English speaking...

It's been discussed with her indoors a few times before after friends of ours did and we visited them. I always wanted to try it but discussions were put on hold till I got a new job and I wanted to see how this vote went. It went the wrong way, the promises are already broken so my mind is made up.

Sorry to hear that, antidote.

I'm heading back to Reykjavik next week (I always was either decision) for at least a year, but you are more than welcome to stay with my girlfriend and I in our brand spanking new wee bedsit-flat.

I'm ashamed to be going back there thinking their whole population is 2 Dundees - 300,000 and we with 5.2 mil weren't big enough.

Thank you very much for the offer, but I'm sure you wouldn't last long with 3 young children screaming in a bedsit :-))

No, I'm looking for somewhere a bit warmer than here and I have stayed and worked overseas many times so its not as if I haven't tasted that life. The result was the clincher for me, but I will come back to Scotland to fight the cause if there's a chance of another referendum. :ok:

If find this thread pretty heartbreaking guys, and I'm a Yes.

Scotland needs us all, and to completely abandon it because some of our fellow Scots voted differently in a democratic process isn't great.

I've spent the last decade in London, Australia and the USA so am all up for trying new place, but I'd be sad to hear of anyone leaving for good because of what happened this week.

My only advice would be that almost every country these days is run purely for the interestes of big business and the finance sector. That's how the world is. There are Westminster equivalents everywhere. As for moving to NZ, have their government not just been accused of implementing a spying system on their own citizens?

Edited by big_matt

Is there Anywhere in the world with Oil & Gas that isn't shite?

(Rio aside- I can't get a visa)

I'm living in Perth, Western Australia now and love it. Oil and gas is really taking off here and always plenty opportunities but most likely will need sponsorship if over 30. I lived in Copenhagen before this, Denmark is a fantastically well run country but could never save money there due to the price of living, Australia is the next best.