Best (non-Old Firm) Foreigners to Have Played In Scotland - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best (non-Old Firm) Foreigners to Have Played In Scotland

It's mostly been mentioned before, but for the Dons Gillhaus and Snelders (If he still counts as non-OF) stand out.

Zeroualli was a special talent.

This century - Markus Heikenen, Roberto Bisconti and ( especially after this summers exploits) Kari Arnasson.

iIf English are classed as foreign  - Paul Mason.

For cult heroes take your pick between Van Der Ark and Dadi.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, min said:

It's mostly been mentioned before, but for the Dons Gillhaus and Snelders (If he still counts as non-OF) stand out.

Zeroualli was a special talent.

This century - Markus Heikenen, Roberto Bisconti and ( especially after this summers exploits) Kari Arnasson.

iIf English are classed as foreign  - Paul Mason.

For cult heroes take your pick between Van Der Ark and Dadi.

Varga and Gillhaus for me.

Bisconti wouldn't get a mention from me the Dons best foreigners. Did little and left the club in a shameful way.

11 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Varga and Gillhaus for me.

Bisconti wouldn't get a mention from me the Dons best foreigners. Did little and left the club in a shameful way.

Didn't mention Varga as I wasn't old enough to watch him play (as far as I'm aware, no footage of him exists playing for us?), so can't judge.

Don't agree that Bisconti did little - thought he was head and shoulders above the rest of the team at that time. He did have a terrible attitude off the park though and came across as a horrible person, but I'm concentrating on his football.

9 minutes ago, littleboyblue said:

Didn't see an answer to whoever was asking about the French forward at Hearts.  Was it Stephane Adam?

Seem to remember he formed part of a pretty good front three with mccann and Hamilton.

Na, it was Valois and it turns out he wasn't that good! Still Gillhaus for me with an honourable mention for Nemsadze.