Goal music poll - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goal music poll

Guest flumax

2 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

jesus christ, i despair if that wins. schemie/ned/bam/minker track 

Scary thing is, its the type of song that if we win by 3 or 4 goals (yeah, I know......) that EVERY bar in Bratislava will suddenly be playing it when it finds its way on the the "Best of the Tartan Army" set list for the next 5-6 months................

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love how folk say its a ned song, know a lot of guys that love this song in there 30's 40's who are soundest people you would get and they are nothing like neds trust me good paid jobs.  Its actually a catchy tune that a lot folk grew up with in 90's in clubs / pubs etc.  It was played at hugos bar in St Julians and the tartan army were rocking to it and not a ned in sight, just folk enjoying themselves and having a good time.  If its to be the chosen song fair doos, everyone is entitled to there view on the poll.

15 minutes ago, Geed said:

Love how folk say its a ned song, know a lot of guys that love this song in there 30's 40's who are soundest people you would get and they are nothing like neds trust me good paid jobs.  Its actually a catchy tune that a lot folk grew up with in 90's in clubs / pubs etc.  It was played at hugos bar in St Julians and the tartan army were rocking to it and not a ned in sight, just folk enjoying themselves and having a good time.  If its to be the chosen song fair doos, everyone is entitled to there view on the poll.

TBH it could very well work, during a game when caught up in the emotion of what is happening on the pitch, but when you see it on the list of what it is up against, it really is the odd one out...... as soon as I checked it out just brought back memories of Scout camps in the 90's when you had the one guy who would bring a portable CD player with a Clubland Floorfiller and Scooter's "Our Happy Hardcore" the only CD's he brought with him for the whole week :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by wanderer

12 minutes ago, wanderer said:

TBH it could very well work, during a game when caught up in the emotion of what is happening on the pitch, but when you see it on the list of what it is up against, it really is the odd one out...... as soon as I checked it out just brought back memories of Scout camps in the 90's when you had the one guy who would bring a portable CD player with a Clubland Floorfiller and Scooter's "Our Happy Hardcore" the only CD's he brought with him for the whole week :lol::lol::lol:

Ahh think it will work very well tbh, its a change from 500 miles and we will see if it is chosen how it goes against Lithuania, ahh think its a very upbeat tune which gets folk jumping about. 

3 minutes ago, Spark said:

By George Bowie? :lol::lol:

You sure about that?

Actual tune might not actually be by him, but its mainly associated with him, or it is his mix of the tune that they are planning to use (he has certainly been plugging it a lot over the last few days, and suspect this is part of the reason its well out in front at the moment in the polls).

20 minutes ago, Mox said:

As a nation, we are a bunch of utter cretins.

might as well start waving inflatable bottles of buckie about as well. this idea of playing this is so low class its not true, its the sort of track u could imagine an ex junky dad "dancing" to at his 50th wedding on the scheme or  a ned on day release putting it on the duke box in his decrepit local in boys behind bars

On Twitter it looks like Bits n Pieces is way ahead! Is this a joke??

No Music for me either - let the fans celebrate! Also agree that we should always have the pipes n drums at Hampden for every home game. Surely this is a no brainer for the SFA, Different Pipe bands could come in for every home game.

Most important thing is all is, is 3 points every time we play at home, regardless of who it is!

8 sleeps to go!

I only found out off Wanderer today on Twitter that it wasn't The Dave Clark Five version ?  I was wondering why Calvin Harris was playing a 1960s song at TITP  ???

BTW Dave Clark 5 version would be much better than that shite if we needed any music - which we don't ? 

Edited by Jimmy`s Lassie

38 minutes ago, Jimmy`s Lassie said:

I only found out off Wanderer today on Twitter that it wasn't The Dave Clark Five version ?  I was wondering why Calvin Harris was playing a 1960s song at TITP  ???

BTW Dave Clark 5 version would be much better than that shite if we needed any music - which we don't ? 

100%

This might actually be my new favourite song.

On 9/30/2016 at 8:14 PM, deecie said:

100%

This might actually be my new favourite 

I was hoping it might be this one...

Im less than impressed... as someone said before, it's so fkin awful it might be quite good.  

On 30/09/2016 at 7:35 PM, Jimmy`s Lassie said:

Me too...

I wouldn't bother with music at the goals just let the crowd celebrate and a song or a chant will emerge as if by magic.

Somewhere in the stadium ( in every stadium ) there is the guy who starts the song but 99+ % of fans do not know who he is or where he is ..he's just "the guy" and we all join in